94 Blazer Build Part 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick1

Reaction score
Messed with the driver's side and it was a nightmare. At one point the latch stuck shut so I couldn't close the door but I got it open. Then the latch froze with the door closed so I couldn't open it. Eventually I got it open and all the WD40 I sprayed in there got the lock working from the inside. I then hooked up the outside and fought it in- success! It opened and closed, it locked and unlocked! I yelled "you big sexy *****" hugged the truck and took a bow to the door. I then buttoned up the door panel and everything, shut it and the rod came out from the new cylinder and it won't lock from the outside. I think the clip isn't securing it but thankfully LMC had them in stock so I ordered 2 in case the other door is the same.

Also ordered some of the door panel plastic clips and a spring tool because I'm going to have to do the door pins at some point and my other truck needs a spring put back in anyway. My cage for my head unit also arrived today so I can finalize that tomorrow.

Tiki

Reaction score
37s will fit with the right wheel size; cheat code is really narrow wheels. Even with bigger offset and width wheels some trimming and maybe a 1” body lift they’ll work, don’t fret. I ran 6” procomp with 37x13.50s and no rubbing.

Slick1

Reaction score
Your shocks were delivered to the UPS store today! Also, keep us updated with photos!
Nice! Thanks again and will do! Hey what width are these rims btw?
37s will fit with the right wheel size; cheat code is really narrow wheels. Even with bigger offset and width wheels some trimming and maybe a 1” body lift they’ll work, don’t fret. I ran 6” procomp with 37x13.50s and no rubbing.
I debated the body lift but I don't want the gap. It's one thing on a smaller truck where the gap is below the eyeline but one this it would be right in your face. If I were willing to trim I could be riding those 37s now with any other modification but I don't want to chop anything. I also got it in my head that 37s or bigger might be better off with a 14 bolt rear anyway. Like do it first when it's a decision rather than later when it's an issue.

Slick1

Reaction score
@Suburban1500 shocks have arrived! Gonna be a minute before I can get them in anyway but I also decided to go with black boots rather than the yellow so I have to wait for those to get here.

Update in general- not a damn thing cause LMC insists on using fedex so my package spent 3 days in WV getting refreshed as being there every 12 hours. Finally showed as arriving in my state this morning though so hopefully tomorrow.

Slick1

Reaction score
Clips I needed from LMC for the door locks showed yesterday. In 2 and a half hours I managed to end up exactly where I started but with a crappier clip on the latch rod. Beating my head against the wall here. I'm going to pull the entire metal piece of the door on the inside at this rate.

This is slowly changing from a build thread into "listen to me ***** about my door locks!" thread lol.

Slick1

Reaction score
Ok well this is weird. There's missing posts in here and I don't know why. I posted updates about finally getting the door lock working and how the shocks were the next thing to tackle.

Gotta think on this cause it's not worth it to me to take the time to post updates if they're just going to vanish. Was there a recent site bug or something?

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok well this is weird. There's missing posts in here and I don't know why. I posted updates about finally getting the door lock working and how the shocks were the next thing to tackle.

Gotta think on this cause it's not worth it to me to take the time to post updates if they're just going to vanish. Was there a recent site bug or something?
No problems ever posting on my end, site seems to be pretty stable. Did you refresh site before you clicked submit on post? Or forgot to submit post then clicked off page? i do that alot.

Slick1

Reaction score
No just posted like normal. It's more than one post missing too.

I updated about finally getting the driver's door lock working.

Since I'm posting now I also got the sway bar link end done. It's either bent or the arm has to be jacked to clear the hole on the bottom. I ended up just putting the missing bushing on top and tightening it. Doesn't seem to rub backing up to the one side anymore and isn't clunking anymore.

My grease and an extension showed up today to finally do the rear shocks when I get a chance and I still need a jack for the fronts.

Slick1

Reaction score
Got the rear passenger side shock on today. Of course I don't have a picture of it (I'll mention why later in this post) but I did take some pics of the removal. First off I've never done this before. I didn't realize I had to push the bushings in myself but no big deal. The rear tops with the bracket came pre pressed so I was glad about that because it didn't look like fun. I wasn't so glad about it when I had to cut the boot and slide it up from the bottom to get it on the shock, but not much I could do about it.

I will NEVER deal with Superlift in the future though- being completely new to this I reached out with a question about the bushings. There were enough poly full sized bushings to use them all around, but there were also enough one sided rubber bushings to do the same. The rear tops they pressed were done with the rubber ones. I contacted them and asked for some guidance (no instruction manual included) on whether it was my choice or if different ones were for different ends. A week goes by and no answer. I write them again and jokingly offer to paypal $10 for a simple answer - no response. Another day or two I write them a strongly worded (but not nasty) response asking for them to please give me some kind of answer on this, and told them to feel free to refer to me as "a freakin idiot" throughout if it made it easier to help me - nothing. Complete disregard for a customer (I didn't buy them but someone did! lol) means they go on the "not a cent from me" list.

Bushings. Sexy, confusing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Poly bushings I pressed on the bottoms. There was a slight indentation in the center of the ring that matched the center of the poly bushings perfectly so I went with it. I would have chosen poly over the rubber anyway as long as the squeaks don't start.

The bushings on the truck were completely shot, nothing even left.

The shocks themselves were rusty but still had some life in them. Could have actually just thrown bushings in them and went on with life but why not throw in the brand new shocks I already have? We're getting to why...

I sprayed the bolts with WD40 first but they were still more than I could do without a breaker bar, and my breaker bar is a 5' metal fence post so I didn't have enough room to crank that bad boy. I got creative!