94” c1500 base drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

th838

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post on here. My wife is the original owner of a 94 c1500 base… well technically she’s the second owner… she walked over to the neighbors house in a bikini and sweet talked him into selling her the truck, with less than 1k on the odo, with her “life savings…” which I believe was around $5k…

So anyways I was forced to start driving this truck about 12 years ago when money was tight and I had to sell my car. Flash forward 12 years… I’m still daily driving this truck to this day (just with a lot more grey hairs) and not because I have to anymore…

Well my wife has finally given me the clear to have a little fun with it. It still with be my daily, but I have another truck now I can use while it’s down.

After looking at every picture I can find I think I’d like to do a 3/6 drop on this truck and fit it with 20inch wheels (hot Rod look and style), I want to see a good bit of rubber (tire) over the rim. The truck has all new steering components, new upper and lower a-arms (new ball joints) and wheel bearings.

Is there a good company that makes a 3/6 kit? If not what components would you get to make this happen (remember it’s my daily and it’ll be getting a 5.3 LS swap too). I really want a good handling, well mannered setup.

If you have pictures of your own truck (or any truck really) that has a 3/6 drop could you please post them? It’s a bit unique (at least when google searching for pictures anyways) so I want to be sure that the stance is the same as what I think I’ve seen in searching.

Based on what I said about the look of the tires, which size would you buy so they don’t rub? I can do a little grinding or rolling if needed too.

Think that’s it for now…

Thanks

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably having trouble finding 3/6 info/pics because that's an odd drop. 0/2, 2/4, 4/6 and 5/7 are the normal drops on these trucks. Let's see some pics of what you are working on!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a 2 inch rake on these trucks, the rear being higher. 3/6 would look raked the opposite way and look weird I think.
A 4/6 with spindles and coils in the front and a flip out back would make it sit level and low. Gonna need to notch the frame and clearance the bed crossmember for the pumpkin, but it's not that difficult.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain on 20s. I had 17s on my 4/6 drop truck. But I did at one time run 265/70r17 on the rear with no issues and the fronts where 235/60 r17

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 2/4 doesn't need a notch, and would sit right with some 20's with decent sidewall height.
@someotherguy and @Dropped88 may be able to help you with tire size.
With a 4" rear drop I'd still be tempted to notch, because once you actually load the bed it may have a tendency to smack the bump stops - especially on the 1500 springs. I mean you could get away with it and see how it does for you personally before taking the plunge into notching.

Tire size on a 2/4 drop could easily go with a nice meaty 275/45/20 - it's about 30" tall and a nice width on a 20x9" wheel. Also an easy size to find as it was an OEM size for several vehicles; 68 choices in that size on Discount's site.

Front 2" is easy - go spindles, or springs, either way. Rear 4" is a little bit of a bummer - shackles and hangers, which means drilling out the hanger rivets. Be careful not to damage the hangers, and keep them where you won't lose them. If you ever want to do more drop later (go to a 4/6) the factory shackles and hangers will need to be re-installed so you can do a flip kit.

Richard

th838

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• BBACB3A0-9229-424B-9D04-6F2E8C8CA8EA.jpeg
    BBACB3A0-9229-424B-9D04-6F2E8C8CA8EA.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 8

th838

Reaction score
This is exactly what I’m thinking I’d like to do . Stance and tire/wheel combo (sizes and stance only. I have different taste in wheels).