93 Work Truck Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgc1500

Reaction score
I have a 93 Work Truck, regular cab, white with maroon dash and seats etc. This is the bare bones basic WT with the 4.3 V6 / 2WD. In the process of restoring it and the headliner that is in it now is a white perforated vinyl that is held in with round plastic clips. Is the white vinyl the correct headliner for this series? Was there even a headliner? As it is a WT there are not plastic surround pieces as there are on others. Been looking for OEM stock photos of the ceiling interior for this truck online and can't find any.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's 2 different headliners for the standard cab trucks. A large one & a small one.
The W/t's & '95+ standard cabs have the small ones. (There are exceptions)
Those small ones do not reach right to the doors. Like your's.
The white perforated vinyl is standard on those. For a reason. White makes that small cab feel light & airy. Going to a darker color brings the ceiling down. Makes the cab feel more cave-like.
The small H/L's do not come with the full plastic trim peices. The 'A' pillar covers end at the top of the windshield/front of the door's window frame.
They have the small trim piece over the rear window.
The 'B' pillar pieces end 1/2 way down the pillar.
They don't have the plastic trim under the rear window.
The large H/L will fit you're truck. You'll need the large H/L panel, & the 6 plastic trim pieces.
The 2 long 'A' pillar covers, 2 full length 'B' pillar pices, & the wide ones over & under the rear window. They all tie into each other.
The top one over the rear window is a pain to remove from a donor without breaking the tabs at the top where they fit into the 'B' pillar covers. The 'B' pillar ones have to be unclipped starting at the bottom & then working them down & out of that one over the rear window. Wrecker rookies will break the the plastics trying to remove them, so look for a virgin one that hasn't been messed with.
Don't worry about getting those plastic parts from several 400's in different colors. They can all be dyed to match the color of your interior.
The ones in my '98 are from 3 different trucks in 3 different colors. You'd never know after being dyed.
I think I've posted a How-to on here somewhere on how to recover a headliner in these trucks, but damned if I can remember under which thread.
If you need assistance on that, respond to this & I can walk you through the proper procedure.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's 2 different headliners for the standard cab trucks. A large one & a small one.
The W/t's & '95+ standard cabs have the small ones. (There are exceptions)
Those small ones do not reach right to the doors. Like your's.
The white perforated vinyl is standard on those. For a reason. White makes that small cab feel light & airy. Going to a darker color brings the ceiling down. Makes the cab feel more cave-like.
The small H/L's do not come with the full plastic trim peices. The 'A' pillar covers end at the top of the windshield/front of the door's window frame.
They have the small trim piece over the rear window.
The 'B' pillar pieces end 1/2 way down the pillar.
They don't have the plastic trim under the rear window.
The large H/L will fit you're truck. You'll need the large H/L panel, & the 6 plastic trim pieces.
The 2 long 'A' pillar covers, 2 full length 'B' pillar pices, & the wide ones over & under the rear window. They all tie into each other.
The top one over the rear window is a pain to remove from a donor without breaking the tabs at the top where they fit into the 'B' pillar covers. The 'B' pillar ones have to be unclipped starting at the bottom & then working them down & out of that one over the rear window. Wrecker rookies will break the the plastics trying to remove them, so look for a virgin one that hasn't been messed with.
Don't worry about getting those plastic parts from several 400's in different colors. They can all be dyed to match the color of your interior.
The ones in my '98 are from 3 different trucks in 3 different colors. You'd never know after being dyed.
I think I've posted a How-to on here somewhere on how to recover a headliner in these trucks, but damned if I can remember under which thread.
If you need assistance on that, respond to this & I can walk you through the proper procedure.
I'm in the process of tracking down the full length b-pillars and top piece..and headliner for my truck. Can't find any donors in kamloops [emoji34]
You must be registered for see images attach

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

rgc1500

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I guess what you are saying is that the white vinyl I have is how it was originally? I want to put it back to original as the vinyls has yellowed and is sagging.