93 (TBI) Alternator Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whenever i took the old alternator off, a piece of the mount that holds the swivel bolt on fell off.. i have looked omline but to no avail, found A part # or an actual description of what it is. Other than junkyard, anywhere else i can get one from, or is it not necessarily a needed bolt since the 2 main screws are fine

Attachments

• 4C7D1EC6-AEEF-42AF-85ED-B09D5772F839.jpeg
    4C7D1EC6-AEEF-42AF-85ED-B09D5772F839.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 8

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whenever i took the old alternator off, a piece of the mount that holds the swivel bolt on fell off.. i have looked omline but to no avail, found A part # or an actual description of what it is. Other than junkyard, anywhere else i can get one from, or is it not necessarily a needed bolt since the 2 main screws are fine
If you still have the broken off part, it can be welded back on. If not, the it can still be welded with some filler aluminum. A decent machine shop, can do it for you.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still have it . Looks like cast; but u say it’s aluminum ? Is it too hard to take off.? I can run it by a friends with a TIG machine since truck is kinda immobile rite now.

Thanks @kennythewelder .
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's cast aluminum, and yes, it can be welded. TIG is definitely the way to go. As for removing it, it's not that hard. I pulled mine off of my 97, and although it's a little different bracket, (mine is on the passengers side), it's basically just bolted to the block- head. The only issued you will have, is that you will have to go rent, or buy the tool to remove the pulley from the power steering pump, so you can remove it, from the brackets. Pull the PS pump first, before you loosen anything else. You can just move it out of the way, before unbolting the bracket from the engine. It may be a good idea to bring the alt, and the bolts for it, so that it can all be lined up, and tacked in place before it's welded. I would weld as much as I could with the alt bolted in place, then remove it only to weld what I couldn't reach with the alt in place. Tell your friend to weld it with 5356 aluminum welding TIG rods. They make a stronger weld that 4043 aluminum TIG rods. If your in a real bind, you can run it to me in Lafayette, and I can weld it for you, if you want me to. I understand, if you don't want to come here though. It's not like we're just 5 or 10 miles away.

Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a tube of 53s from a turnaround years ago actually. i use to help (same guy) in his fab shop on weekends. He asked me to get some next time i had a chance on a turnaround or shutdown. i got quite a few and held on to some aluminum & ferrous rods. Gave him the rest.