93 Suburban restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i have decided to do the tan bedliner like my old 96 project which I ended up parting out. I loved the look after I was done so i am going with the same desert tan color. I started sanding today. The weather has been rather warm lately, so the next few non rainy days I get, i will be doing the painting. The sanding, primer spots and bondo can be done inside the garage.
You must be registered for see images attach

I might look into renting a sand blaster, or taking it to someone who can get as much rust off the frame as possible, so I can do the rust seal and topcoat.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More progress today. I am going to scuff the areas that I couldn't reach with the sander, put her back on the ground , pull it back outside and do the roof tomorrow.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a ton of progress today. First coat is basically done, only need to order more paint to do the roof and a light 2nd coat.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So with this color, i am thinking smoked tail lights, cab lights and headlights would look good along with some 285's on some16 or 17" black steelies...thoughts?

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished the paint today. I ordered new front headlight set and a grille. I just need to clean the windows and put some things back together then i can move on to the next step :)

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Damn you should have removed the moldings. It would have looked even cleaner! Looks good bud!!

Mwagz21

Reaction score
Damn you should have removed the moldings. It would have looked even cleaner! Looks good bud!!

Awesome project OBS! Moldings will come together once you get more black on the truck! (Wheels) I recommend you stay Original red with the taillights and let a good window tint option do your talking. She needs a black face with a black push bar/guard and you’ll be in good shape!

I also think the new style Yukon 6 spoke wheels would look sick on these trucks especially the suburban. Keep it classy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome project OBS! Moldings will come together once you get more black on the truck! (Wheels) I recommend you stay Original red with the taillights and let a good window tint option do your talking. She needs a black face with a black push bar/guard and you’ll be in good shape! I also think the new style Yukon 6 spoke wheels would look sick on these trucks especially the suburban. Keep it classy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I was thinking about some LED tails actually, but maybe tinting the originals wouldn'nt be such a bad idea Grille is going to be tan, but a push bar/guard isnt a bad idea!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had some time after auto class today to throw on the grille and lights. Need to get more of those fastners for the upper corner markers.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i ended up getting a more solid grille. You won't beleive how flimsy and cheap that black one was! It didn't break, but I took it off for this new one which i put on this evening before dinner.
Also picked up a rear bumper. Going to sand and paint the inside to prevent from rot.