93 silverado to *upgrade* 96 power windows / lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hate to keep makig new post but i think its easier to explain now that im further along

im doing a full dash swap *eventually* but for now i was able to score the interior door panels. And bought new switches for both sides as the ones i picked up were junkyard specials.
Physically, of course, everything snapped in place as it should and functions manually

Electricaly… thats a different story. So lets begin.

I installed passenger side wiring first. For the most part, it was color to color or look at schematics . New Dorman switch; Passenger window up/down works, and door locks work each door.

Starting out on driver, almost same . Color for color or some polarity swap. Door lock controls both doors. Master switch operates driver window, master switch operates passenger window. BUT passenger side can no longer operate there own switch!!!

Just fir giggles and *****, I disconnected the wiring from new master switch passenger side. (Pink, tan, blue/wht stripe) and reconnected to old 5 wire switch. , which utilizes the 2 grounds on it. Of course naturally it worked, and passenger can operate there switch.

So my question is. The 2 grounds from old 5 pin switch, how do they play in effect?

FWIW i tried twisting them together, tying together with the lock ground, but to no avail can i get the NEW PASSENGER SWITCH to work when the NEW MASTER SWITCH is wired up .

What am i missing??? Do
I need to add a relay somewhere??