93 SBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lazybones

Reaction score
A bit of a slow start as I had my left knee replaced this spring. I managed to finish stripping off parts and a buddy let me use his sand blaster before we took off to Arizona for the winter. 20 bags of sand and about 4 hours. Pics are the frame and axle but there were many more smaller parts blasted too.
Plan is for a 4/6 drop. The back frame cross members are removed because I plan on adding a 4 link with coilovers which will need different cross member placement. Looking to place the new fuel tank to behind the rear axle to allow for the angled upper links and space for the exhausts. I will be rebuild some smaller parts when we go home for Christmas but probably nothing until next summer. My goal is to have the suspension front and back, steering linkage, power steering motor done by next fall.
Oh, cruising one of the local wreck yards I came across a '99 2500 that had a 4L80E and my buddy and I yanked it out. Cost was $85. My wife went to school with a guy who has a transmission shop and he rebuilt it for me with a stronger pump, harder shifting valve body and a high stall torque converter. Kinda disappointed the 6.0 was gone from the truck as well as the TCM.
I was looking around on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist for a 6.0 in the Yuma/Phoenix area and I'm finding it difficult to sort out whats real and whats not. Not in a hurry as that is in '94's budget.

Attachments

• 20221018_081346.jpg
    20221018_081346.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221018_081327.jpg
    20221018_081327.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 10