93 regular cab door locks get weak after a few cycles of lock and unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's like my 88, no. The switches are the same but wired differently. If I had to venture a guess your actuators are getting hot and losing connectivity, either inside the coil or at the connectors, they're tiny, maybe around 1/8" wide spades? Here's the schematic on the 88.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No relay on the early interior 2 door trucks, only on 4 doors. If BOTH are acting up I would not suspect the actuators. If you operate them manually, do they move easily, or are they stiff? These trucks are bad about the lube gumming up on the actuator rods for the locks. I've had them where you could nearly break the key off in the lock from the lube gumming up. Taking the door panel off and gently popping the actuator rod out of its plastic slider clip and cleaning the grease out of the clip and off the rod, then reapplying some white lithium grease, works like a champ in that case.

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had them where you could nearly break the key off in the lock from the lube gumming up
My daughter did break the key off in mine about 4 years ago, ha ha! I bought new actuators drilled out the rivets and popped the new ones back in - works like a champ. Replaced the switches too (the passenger side switch was bad preventing them from working at all).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078THH5JT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C7WW9S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My daughter did break the key off in mine about 4 years ago, ha ha!
Whew.. yeah the first one I encountered like that was my 1994 C2500LD when I bought it back in 2007; so consider it was barely 13 years old at that point and was that bad already. I can only imagine what some of the GMT400's are like now in that regard.

Richard