93 LSx454SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been around the block a few times with both C10s and OBSs and usually, I build them but, this one was different. Found her in a garage and she has been sitting for a little over 3 years. She looks like she was built to mimic the "RDHOON" truck on youtube/in texas by a local drag shop (that has since closed) and then sold and parked. The build was in 2017 and I purchased it from the second owner after the build. Got all the paperwork and brought her back to life. The first pic was when I pulled it out of the garage to tow it back to my house. It had no radiator and hasn't been started since 2018 - otherwise in decent shape. Real B4U code 454SS with no rust at all.

I got a call from a friend that said, I know of an OBS that might be for sale... I was like ya, I wanna check it out. Make the connection and the dude gives me the address. I got look at it and realize its a real SS... then he pops the hood and there is a LSx/4l80 combo in it... lowered, C6 wheels, Dakota digitals, LEDs, sounds... etc etc etc... the list goes on. Radiator was out and he said it was having overheating issues - I couldn't tell anything but, had a radiator and one fan on the side, along with an extra tailgate, crespo wing and grill. I immediately said I will take it and we worked out a price. He had all the receipts with 26k worth of work to it done over 2016 and 2017.
You must be registered for see images attach

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next came new radiator and fan set up and new oil cooler lines. The relays were a real PIA! Still having issues because the tune isn't turning the fans on and off at the right time so need to work on that - just put them on a switch for now.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After that, had to prime the motor with my magic homemade primer tool... I was able to pump 4qts of oil in and push the gauge to 17psi with this setup... rotated the crank little by little till all the rockers had oil.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@TacosnBeer What radiator/shroud/fan set up is that?
Its a Champion... got the whole set up, (radiator, shroud, dual fans, and dual relay wiring) from JEGS. Only thing I had to do was get the bolts from a hardware store n drill the holes to assemble. You would think as a kit it would come with all that but, it doesnt.

It is a bit more narrow than the stock 454SS radiator so I had to make top mounts too.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still making progress. She is up and running now. Debating the wheels now. I'd really like to take off the C6 wheels and put some black 22" IROCs... they just look sick on OBSs. We will see... the 12" wide rear rims are too wide for how low it is. I ordered a 1.5" lift shackle so, that will help but - I hate to go up just to drop it back down when I change the rims.... regardless, I just wanna drive it without sweating it.