'93 K2500 ECLB drivetrain vibration.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ever since I've had my truck it would shudder under hard acceleration from a dead stop. It won't do it if you don't put it to the rugs and it never got any worse so I just chalked it up to being the pinion angle maybe being out a bit. I tried putting a rubber shim on top of the hanger because the shaft felt too lose in the rubber to me (I have no experience with a two piece driveshaft on these) and it just made it worse. I pulled it out, put it back to stock and it's been that way since. The rubber seemed fine to me and the bearing was smooth. There was no vibration going down the road. Now it is vibrating a few thousand miles later and the other issue is still there but hasn't got any worse. The vibration comes and goes at most speeds from about 25MPH to 75MPH. It goes away as soon as I let off the accelerator whether I'm cruising or accelerating normally. Any ideas where to start looking? Yes, I've greased the slip yokes and all universal joints a few times now and everything seems fine. Is the short shaft out of balance maybe? I've even put a transfer case in during having this truck and the shudder under hard acceleration never changed. That was about 5,000 miles ago.

'93 K2500 ECLB 454 4L80E