93 K1500 Z71 RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love to have it back to OEM radio hardware but considering everything on my plate decided the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. ..I opted for a CD player with no Bluetooth because I didn’t need technology in this thing. Maybe some day I can always reconsider options and take it back to OEM, but it’s not too fancy and I’m not adding amps or extra speakers or anything so it’s a pretty vanilla aftermarket change.

The cab trim that covers your pillar speakers is not super hard to remove and changing those crappy factory speakers is a good inexpensive upgrade. Also if you ever decide you want the ability to answer your phone hands free, the Kenwood that will do that would just slide right in and plug into your current harness.

You are doing a great job on this truck... keep 'em coming !

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Today’s update pics, new right bedside is welded on but bed will come back off to undercoat the underside of the bed and to cut and weld in the cab corners

You must be registered for see images attach

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Went ahead and got new 4x6 rear cab pillar speakers today, we’re taking the rear plastic off anyway as fire precaution when welding in the cab corners so going to change speakers and oxiclean the seatbelt fabric while it’s disassembled

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Are you happy with the quality of them? The colors are the same as factory?

Yes the rims are factory and according to the seller they refurbish them back to factory finish. I didn’t interrogate them on the process they go through but I cannot tell the difference from brand new, they even have the fine concentric grooves throughout the finish, they appear perfect to me.

The caps are very nearly matching color and finish, nothing noticeable to the naked eye in my opinion.

Only minor technicality on returning truck to original is that I’m replacing the factory caps that had the false black plastic lug nuts integrated into the cap. The new ones are smooth polished finish with no black plastic lug nuts, but I actually prefer that cleaner look which I believe was offered stock on certain option configurations during the early to mid 90s. The black plastic lugs fade to gray over time anyway so I’m not losing any sleep over this minor change. I’m happy with the new look and the products based on initial inspection.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Here’s a ledger of repair and part acquisitions to date on this project (hereinafter referred to as Project LaBine II). This does not include the body & paint work and outstanding mechanical issues currently in process. For those scoring at home:

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
I wish I had the energy to restore this one, looks like a good start, just saw this on the road today, tell your friends .....