93 K1500 Z71 RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
say what?!?

nice work.
Gunna have to do the ubolts on mine soon, you get yours on amazon?

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Drove up to the hardware store in the fog at 7am this morning and thought I smelled electrical burning. Got behind a shiny truck in traffic and noticed my headlights were flashing. Poked at the headlight switch and noticed a puff of smoke and that’s where the electrical fire smell is coming from. Pulled the dash bezel off and removed the switch, it smells like burnt electrical but the wiring harness behind it appears fine. So I have a new switch on order. All I can think of is the contacts inside the switch housing are just worn down and causing an arc between contacts. Any other thoughts about what would cause electrical burn and smoke only when switch is in the On position?

You must be registered for see images attach

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
So using this picture as an example. The 4 little plastic **** that the headlight switch assembly would screw into are all completely sheared off on my cluster bezel. So, I’m thinking my solution is going to be some small machine thread pan head thru bolts with little nuts on the backside to hold it in place. I can paint the pan heads so they won’t look too bad on the face of the bezel around the switch. Any other suggestions?

example photo so you can see the plastic **** on the back of the bezel I’m talking about

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Well it’s not the most beautiful fix but it will hold. I drilled out the 4 broken plastic **** on the back of the bezel and ran little machine threads through the face with nuts on back of the switch plate. Functionally it’s great but visually...it is what it is...lights work again

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a bad solution. My method included plastic straws, plastic glue, tiny screws/pins and lots of patience. Worked out ok so far, seamless from the front side.