93 K1500 LS swap 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMoore

Reaction score
Want to install a set of long tube headers and Y pipe. What would you recommend and what mods would need to be done to achieve this.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the capability to weld, DIY. I built my own with cheap Hedman headers that collect into a 3" collector and neck down into a 2.5" exhaust the rest of the way out. If I were to do it again I'd get the 2.5" collector headers. I put in two 2.5" Walker catalytic converters, two Cherry Bomb Salute mufflers, and used a single mandrel bent U, cut in half, to route the driver's side exhaust to the passenger side. I had to build a transmission crossmember to clear the cats.

JMoore

Reaction score
If you have the capability to weld, DIY. I built my own with cheap Hedman headers that collect into a 3" collector and neck down into a 2.5" exhaust the rest of the way out. If I were to do it again I'd get the 2.5" collector headers. I put in two 2.5" Walker catalytic converters, two Cherry Bomb Salute mufflers, and used a single mandrel bent U, cut in half, to route the driver's side exhaust to the passenger side. I had to build a transmission crossmember to clear the cats.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don’t have the capability to do that. Looking for bolt on upgrades.

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought Schoenfeld headers for a 92 Silverado 5.7/5sp and used Lq4 engine.