93 Grille to 94 Grille Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those are indeed the notches. They aren't on the core supports of the first few years of GMT400's but the specific year break escapes me.

However, you do not need all 4 bumper brackets. You need the main 2 that aim forward off the frame rails. The outer 2 do not change. I'll edit back to add this - the outer 2 do seem to change part # over the year break but the info is sketchy at best at this point; I do know I've done more than a few of these conversions and never needed to change the outer 2 brackets for everything to fit and look correct.

Richard
Ever have an AH-HAH (or, oh **** I was wrong for so long!) moment? :rofl: Well at least I found my quote where I admitted I wasn't 100% sure and would come back and correct it if I found out otherwise? Like - I didn't even notice were Drewskis94 posted his pic of the two brackets side by side. Sheesh..

It's been more than 13 years since I've done any 88-93 grille swaps to 94-98.. UNTIL TODAY. And the news is, fellas, all four bumper brackets DID change with the 1994 grille. Here's proof of a little extra length on the outer brackets. Some of y'all probably already knew this and shook your head every time you saw someone (like me) post otherwise but I'll readily admit I was wrong about it.

Top - 1994-1998 outer bracket (off a 1998 model)
Bottom - 1988-1993 outer bracket (off a 1993 model)
You must be registered for see images attach

Left - 1988-1993 outer bracket (off a 1993 model)
Right - 1994-1998 outer bracket (off a 1998 model)

Front - 1988-1993 outer bracket (off a 1993 model)

Rear - 1994-1998 outer bracket (off a 1998 model)

Richard