93 GMC 5.7l upgraded motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black gmc

Reaction score
Hey guys couldn't find the thread for the 93s so I figured I try here. I'm in the process of restoring my grandpas 93 manual c1500 GMC for a gift big project. I already got a brand new transmission on the way now I'm looking for a brand new 5.7l like the one it has but somthing with more power but I like to keep the motor the same so I don't have to swap anything around it mybe one with a cam or bigger bore not sure? Not to experienced with v8s or 350s for that matter just want to find a motor with more power and is direct swap anyone got any ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any major changes you make (camshaft for example) will require some computer tuning to get the full potential. Which is a little harder to do with the pre-'96 PCMs from what I've read but definitely possible. Not trying to steer you in any particular direction regarding the engine, just something to be aware of.