93 c3500 crew cab dually to 12 seater burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 92 G20 high top van. Not comfortable for the driver. Seats 8. I know a stock burban can do 8 or 9. We can roll 7 to 12 family fun easy. My immediate family is 4 plus my niece and mother in law. So the explorer does the job there but tight. My crew cab is almost as comfortable as the explorer for 6.

Here is my thought. Taking off the bed and extending the cab using either a Tahoe or suburban back half. Giving me 4 rows of 3 seats each. Plus still be able to do about 8 feet of capacity behind my first 2 rows. And tow 10K.

Might be a bit far fetched dreaming but I have been wanting a car project of late and the 93 has had everything replaceable replaced so it's damn near a new truck and it's smog exempt to maybe a low key motor swap could be fun

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
So you would have your crew cab, and then behind it have the rear doors of the suburban body for a total of 6 doors?

I guess it's possible. All about what you can find as a donor and your skillset (or money available). It would definitely be unique.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The back 2 doors of a Tahoe or burb. I need measurements. I don't know if anyone has tried it before. One concern is how much the frame lifts after the cab. But it has to be on the burbs too right?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen OBS Fords where people graft on 2 extra doors. It's possible. Aren't the back doors on suburbans similar or exactly the same to those on a crew cab? Tahoe doors have the cut out for the wheel wells.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The idea is to cut off the last 12" or so of my cab. Cut off in front of the back door on let's say a suburban by 12". That way my crew cab rear doors would act like the front doors of a burb. This idea would be to add on the middle row and rear row of the suv thus giving me a 6 door 4 row suburban and if a burb I'd graft on the dually flares. Having the duals adds a lot of stability in corners and would help with tire wear and I wouldn't have to buy a new rear axle. (I just had this one rebuilt)