93 4l60E (probably electrical) Problem with shifting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

It's fixed.

I hooked the band back up and reassembled and reinstalled. Can't describe how good that first 1-2 shift felt. I have little puddles of ATF all over the shop and the truck is wet from the bellhousing to the tailgate, so tommorrow she gets a bath. Shop too. Next Friday I have an appointment for an alignment, and after that I'm burning the wheels off of it!

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was the band being just unhooked. This all started with a hunt for a leak, during which I pulled and resealed the front pump. My best guess thinking is that I must have wiggled it too hard when trying to get it back together and knocked the fixed end of the band off of it's locating pin. With one end loose, the servo couldn't tighten the band.

Pretty sure the servo was working fine, just couldn't tighten the band as the other end was loose.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think things would have been more catastrophic had you knock it off the pin, like contracting the drum when not applied. either way glad you got it fixed