92 Truck+Camper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next: Brake System Overhaul
I did this at the same time as Hydroboosting.

• New front calipers - AC Delco, reman., uncoated. Selected for cost effectiveness, PN #: 18FR746 &
• New front pads - Raybestos EHT369H, friction code GG
• Cleaned up rotors with emery cloth, re-used. They had <20,000kms, still good condition, Raybestos Element 3 (solid, not slotted) if I remember right.
• New 11" drums - Raybestos, PN #: 2169R
• New drum brake hardware kits - AC Delco
• New wheel cylinders - AC Delco Professional, PN #: 18E292
• New shoes - Centric HD, PN #:11204730
• All new parking brake cables, cable equalizer, cable connector. AC Delco Professional & GM Genuine.
• New Russell braided SS brake line kit.
• Inspected all brake lines, all looked OK, cleaned up rust spots with sand paper.
• New fluid - Flushed brake lines until it ran clear fluid at each corner.

You must be registered for see images attach

I left the RWAL system in place for now... I (still) have a solid brake warning light on which i have yet to diagnose. I would also like to bleed my ABS combo valve. Anyone done this successfully?

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As mentioned in my Hydroboost post, here's the PS filter & cooler setup i am running...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's funny they call out a GVW for that cooler as my 88 C1500 had the same one and its GVW was south of 6000# with the kitty bitty brakes it had.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After the brake work, a strange scraping noise started developing, heres the separate thread linked for anyone interested https://www.gmt400.com/threads/rear-brakes-loud-rubbing-scraping-noise.51828/

I went ahead and replaced the rear wheel bearings and seals. You can see the gouging on the axle shaft inner end. Cleaned up ok with emery cloth. Relevant thread https://www.gmt400.com/threads/rear-axle-tube-bearing-surface.51636/#post-1140774

Before:

After:

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While I was in there: New C-clips, fluid and gasket. Painted the cover, looks much better