92 Sierra SAS frame off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silentkillzr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im at thousands on my bird build. All worth it, 400hp ish, rust free shell after some small hole patching :)

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im slowly approaching 2500 with my engine and trans. engines putting somewhere around 500 with my carbd 5.3 and a 4l80e with standalone computer. stock interior maybe 2nd gen spoiler and my cragar louvers. not sure body wise

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just waiting until my friend starts his new job so we can start welding all the body mounts, xmembers, etc. to the new frame. I'll have pictures of it soon.
I got a few more things done the last week or two.
Duplicolor DIY bedlinered the box and tailgate.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sanded and cleaned up the front of the box and hit it with some Gravel Guard

Installed the 1350 yoke modified for u bolts to the Dana 44

Received some shock tabs from TMR customs. just need to get some ford shock towers or build my own out of tubing.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I have a few updates.
first my detroit locker came in last week :)

I ordered a complete rebuild kit with syncros for the nv4500 along with a complete seal kit and 32 spline input gear for the np241 from http://www.tbtrans.com/index.htm. it should be here today or tomorrow. Then I can get the rear axle, trans and t case all rebuilt and ready to go on the frame.

The only other thing I have been doing is researching tires and rims. I have been looking at Goodyears MTR Kevlar as well as the KM2's and MTZ's.

thinking about running a 35x12.5R15 instead of the 16" rim. was thinking of 15x8 black steelies since I'm not sure that an alloy 15" rim will clear the front brakes.

Reaction score
if youre using 15" on a regular 1/2 ton 44 it'll fit no problem. ive always run 15 x10 or 8 alloys. hardcore beleiver in 15" gotta remember all them old trucks had 15's new . if you run 3/4 ton or more ( 8 lug ) break out the grinder. (on the calipers) dun it more than once.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if youre using 15" on a regular 1/2 ton 44 it'll fit no problem. ive always run 15 x10 or 8 alloys. hardcore beleiver in 15" gotta remember all them old trucks had 15's new . if you run 3/4 ton or more ( 8 lug ) break out the grinder. (on the calipers) dun it more than once.
ya it was a 3/4ton 44 but i swapped it with corp 10 bolt brake components. 15x8 alloys open my options a bit more. just dont want them to stick out very much.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
transmission and tcase parts came in today, hopefully have the trans and axle at the shop today or monday.

complete nv4500 rebuild with syncros

NP241 seals/gaskets

32 spline input gear good price on it so i got it.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SWEET BUILD MAN.. NICE LOOKING TRUCK. I THINK IT WILL LOOK GOOD ON THE SIDEBITERS
thank you, ya if you couldnt tell i love black and red, haha. thinking of getting rid of a lot (or all) of the chrome and just having a few things of stainless steel.
the only thing i have against the sidebiters is that they have a -30mm offset in the 15x8 size, wish the offset was smaller i'd rather not have my tires sticking out that much.