92 Chevy 350 hard starting/no start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billys44s

Reaction score
The past few weeks my truck has been acting odd and I can’t seem to pinpoint what’s actually going on with it.

I pulled codes off it a few times now and no luck I did get a code 54 that kept popping up but I’m unsure what it’s actually causing the code to appear.

What been going on is I’m having a hard time getting it to start and it will catch and die and it will keep doing it until it starts or kills the battery. It was doing this for a few weeks and I thought I fixed it by replacing the spark module and coil and it only bandaged it. Now it got to the point where it won’t run I did it get to start yesterday after it shot a lot of white smoke out of the tbi so I figured the ect sensor went out so I unplugged it and it ran so I went today to buy a sensor and it didn’t solve the problem so I’m pretty stumped on what’s going on