92 Chevy 1500 Stalls after 15 minutes of idling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billys44s

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I’m having an issue with my 92 Chevy truck, it has the 350 in it, the problem I’m having is I can start the truck up and let it run and it seems to run normal but after awhile it will just stalls usually after it warms ups but once it starts back up it seems fine. I had a issue yesterday though that it stalled and once I got it started it ran for a few minutes and stall and once I started back it started missing bad to the point where i tried double footing it to drive it to end up having it stall. So I left it and came back after it cooled down and it seem to run fine again. What would y’all think would be the issue?

I’m leaning to a bad icm but I wanted to get y’all’s opinion on it

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...or a bad magnet on the distributor shaft in the pickup coil area; or a plugged vent on the fuel tank, or an overheating ignition module and/or ignition coil, or about a dozen other things.

Connect a scan tool, and look at the data stream. If the RPM goes goofy, it's probably pickup coil/magnet related. If the RPM doesn't go goofy, it's maybe something else.

What is the fuel pressure before, and just as the engine stalls?