92 C1500 4L80E w/ compushift trying to get OEM speedo working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My truck is a 92 454 ss and the previous owner had converted it back to carb, deleted the ecm and installed the original compushift controller. I have been on a mission to get all the stock gauges on the cluster working again, but am stuck on the speedo. The transmission controller basically takes the VSS signal or TOSS signal which is a two wire plug. It provides an " electronic speedo output" wire which only provides 1-4 pules per driveshaft rev. It also provides a single "Reproduced TOSS" signal. I have tried connecting the electronic speedo wire directly to the gauge cluster speedo wire and adjusting the pulses - i was able to get the speedo to move but it was no where near accurate. I read the drac converts the VSS hi/lo signals to 4000ppm for the speedo? So i am looking how I could possibly convert the reproduced TOSS to a usable signal to satisfy my hi/low VSS signals and run my factory speedo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!