92 C1500 2WD 5 lug to 6 lug conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsky_wsky

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post so go easy on me :). I just bought a 92 GMT400 2wd with only 83K miles. It's the W/T model and I plan on swapping the grille and headlights out. It was an errand truck for a local diesel mechanic shop and they were very meticulous with it. It has no rust and its in really good condition. I paid $5k. I already have a 4 in rough country spindle lift and a few front end parts waiting to be put on. I really like the look of the 2018 factory 5646 wheels. So, I need to convert to a 6 lug. I'm doing this on the cheap so I plan on 5x5 to 6x5.5 conversion spacers for the rear for now. What I'm not sure on is can I just use the front rotors from the 2500 model? Is the inner diameter the same, same bearings, same wheel seals? I get my parts from Rock Auto and they don't post dimension in the product descriptions unfortunately so, I'm not too sure. Any thoughts or advice?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Yes the front light duty C2500 Rotors(6lug) share the same bearings. I was planning on doing a similar swap but decided against it as I wanted to do it right c2500 rear axle and front brakes no spacers.

wsky_wsky

Reaction score
Yes the front light duty C2500 Rotors(6lug) share the same bearings. I was planning on doing a similar swap but decided against it as I wanted to do it right c2500 rear axle and front brakes no spacers.
Excellent. The lift kit spindles are quite a bit beefier than factory and kick the front tires out a few inches, so the spacers would be going on anyway just to match offset, but eventually I will swap out the rear end. Thanks for the help!