92 Burban lift alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tintai

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I bought 92' Burban-pickup with max crancked keys bars and longer shocks and ridiculous CV angles.

So, replaced lower BJ and steering rods, knocked out holes for UCA and ball joint flip, moved UCA to maximum for positive camber.
Also decranked it to 4.5 turns but I can hear my CVs knocking on sharp turn.

How is about ball joint flip? Probably I can loose my CV when I hit the hole when 4x4? Axle have more travel because UCA is not touching bump drops.
Also when I jack up the front, at right side I can do only a 1/3 wheel turn because CV is locking, even before BJ flip. I changed boot in that CV and it's looking good.

Will appreciate any advice :)

Here is my truck:
You must be registered for see images attach

Tintai

Reaction score
I don't won't return to stock. Is this possible with 33" tires without rubbing? I doubt.

Anyway it's acceptable rough ride for me. I care only about CV angles.

How about CVs from rockauto? With more articulation? 47* of max angle compared to 23* OEM. They are not so expensive.
Or maybe inner CV from another car? I've read about Porsche axles.

I'm saving money for Dana 44 or 60 but in the meantime I need to take care of CVs and algiment.

Tintai

Reaction score
Here is my CVs angles. What do you think? Its not looking bad but I think I can hear knock from right CV because of poor alignment of right wheel.

One thing that bothering me.
When ball joint flip, geometry will changing when suspension is traveling down or up. So camber is dynamic and angles of CVs are also dynamic and more aggressive when suspension is expanded.
Am I right?