92/94 Led gauge install (for) best results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Any idea how to get the bulbs out from the floor lights that are under the dash? One side has a buld n the other doesnt n the side that has a bulb I cant get it out to see what kind it is n the other side I cant get a bulb to stay in that I found in my glove compartment. Looks like it would or should fit... I ordered a 10pk of led's n thought maybe they would fit in those light sockets as well.

the ones under the dash twist into place

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn wish I woulda know this before I spent last night with a razor scraping the crap off but oh well it worked lol but what'd you use for spray adhesive would something like 3M general trim adhesive work?

how did you go about getting the adhesive off?

I didnt scrape and of the adhesive off. But used a dremal tool and sanded it down lightly till no green was showing. Took like 15 min tops.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I used a orbital sander when I did mine to get all the green junk off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the copper tracers (or whatever you call them) on the back circuit board burning up after switching to LEDs? Mine were fine for a little then it burned the contact between the gauge harness plug and the first bulb. I then just ran a wire straight from the harness to the first bulb in the series. It worked for a day then burnt the contact between the first and second bulb. Not really sure why this is happening as I bought the twist locks and am just using some 5smd LEDs I bought off eBay. I wonder if it's the cheep LEDs ?? I'm thinking about just hardwiring them to a keyed source. Any suggestions would be great.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the copper tracers (or whatever you call them) on the back circuit board burning up after switching to LEDs? Mine were fine for a little then it burned the contact between the gauge harness plug and the first bulb. I then just ran a wire straight from the harness to the first bulb in the series. It worked for a day then burnt the contact between the first and second bulb. Not really sure why this is happening as I bought the twist locks and am just using some 5smd LEDs I bought off eBay. I wonder if it's the cheep LEDs ?? I'm thinking about just hardwiring them to a keyed source. Any suggestions would be great.
Happened to me, mine doesn't light up the higher speeds anymore

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll prob just hook them to a keyed source or illumination wire. I spent a bunch of time swapping this cluster in and making all the gauges work. They all do now so not to worried about the lights I guess.

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this to mine.
Plastidipped the needles. They glow a little at the base, I have a spare set I might clear and see how that looks.
The white face came from eBay. My mother in law got it for me for Christmas, I can get a link if you guys want, it is electroluminescent.
You must be registered for see images attach