92/94 Led gauge install (for) best results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lots of good ideas here. I am looking to restore my cluster to OEM colors andconcidering the LED upgrade for reliability. Texas sun fades the **** out of everything The needles are faded to near white but still light up a decent orange at night, and the red markings on the gage faces are faded out to near white, although they do light up a nice red at night.

I planned on getting a new plastic bezel glass as mine is cracking at the screw holes. I thought of sing a fine tipped red sharpie to recolor the red gage markings on the face, and was going to buy some spectraflame transparent orange airbrush paint to tape and airbrush the needles to freshen em up and have em remain ttansparent to light up.

The transparent spectraflame orange airbrush paint can be had at a number of online places that sell replacement pieces and parts to restore first generation hot wheels cars 1968-1971. The other transparent colors are available too. Www.redlineshop.com if you have an airbrush this is the way to put this paint on the needles.

Anybody try to retouch the red markings on the gage faces with red sharpie?

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 yrs later is over 500$ ???

Attachments

• E200F472-A5DA-4F41-919D-86D5BAA9F05C.png
    E200F472-A5DA-4F41-919D-86D5BAA9F05C.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 17

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ****!! I didnt see that one. I was toying w the idea of using one of these on my 94. How do you remove the needles? Is there a special procedure to putting them back on and calibrating the display?

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. Take a pic to remember where the needles are & take a fork pop them off

the seller was answering all questions promptly until i asked the differencec In the red vs blue and why a 500$ price difference… same exact item same exact seller just different color lol. Wont respond anymore as i asked another general question.. pretty sure they blocked me