92-94 Gauge Cluster Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I will have to research that, but I am not sure at this time. Oh by the way, the wheeled one I have been talking about is known as the rally cluster.

the_six

Reaction score
I can help you out a little with this I'm going through it now as well .my dash is all cracked up and I couldn't find a diesel one so Im using the dash from the gas truck I could have done it the easy way and added a light for the weight to start but I didnt I took the hole dash apart and swapped the dash working from the gas to the diesel the only difference was the wait to start wire it's a dark blue wore going in to the harness . Since my guages were good I have a tach dash in my diesel I did the swap but since you would be using a gas set of guages you can just plug it in and use it until you find a tach diesel cluster. And just splice in to the dark blue wire and add a led to let you know when the glow plugs light is on

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Well guys, I decided to not get this truck. I am going to be possibly buying a 95 C1500 4.3 instead for mpg reasons, going to college in a year and want something that gets better mileage than my 3/4 ton, that get oh, 12-13 mpg at best lol, the college is 30 minutes away, speed limit is 70 mph, so yeah... lol. I love my truck, but when it burns a quarter of a tank in one day...

They want a $1000 for it, how can I say no?! :D
https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-chevy-silverado-1500/6367557533.html

Previous listing:
https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-chevy-silverado-1500/6339604865.html

Chrome City, here I come!!! :banana-mario:

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Well guys, I decided to not get this truck. I am going to be possibly buying a 95 C1500 4.3 instead for mpg reasons, going to college in a year and want something that gets better mileage than my 3/4 ton, that get oh, 12-13 mpg at best lol, the college is 30 minutes away, speed limit is 70 mph, so yeah... lol. I love my truck, but when it burns a quarter of a tank in one day...

They want a $1000 for it, how can I say no?! :D
https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-chevy-silverado-1500/6367557533.html

Previous listing:
https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-chevy-silverado-1500/6339604865.html

Chrome City, here I come!!! :banana-mario:
You would get the same in the v6. Recommend the 350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Oh it would? I also had a thought, wouldn't the 4.3 be a bit under-powered for this type of truck too? Sorry I am such a noob with the 4.3, I've never owned a 4.3, only the 350.

The other reason I want this truck is because it would be my beater truck as well. I don't know yet, still thinking on it. Think I should get it or skip it?

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't speak for the TBI 4.3s, but the Vortecs will average 20MPG or better easily and have plenty of power for a daily driver.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
What are you planning on doing with the truck? I personally think it is underpowered unless you have a better transmission. Just a thought, if you travel freeways a lot then I would go with the 5.0 or 5.7. prefer the 5.7 myself. When traveling at higher speeds your engine works harder to keep the momentum you have in that higher gear and it will gear down to compensate for the extra load, which uses more fuel. if you live in a city and don't drive it past 60 mph on a regular basis then the V6 will be fine. If you have your 1998 then use that one for travel and use the V6 for putting around town. It's up to you. But as far as my experience the V6 is under powered and strains on most occasions to move the truck. Also a general rule is that your payload and towing capability is directly related to the drive train, suspension, frame and engine combination. It would be great for a new teenage drive in that it wont get him into too much trouble.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
you mentioned going to collage with it. if you stay on campus then it would be great for that.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Well I decided to pass on the truck. I will probably just use my 98 instead. :) Thanks for the awesome help guys! :D