92-94 Gauge Cluster Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There are no "moonie" tach clusters. Only the one-year 1991 needle cluster w/tach as I described in my previous reply. They exist, other members have seen them, I have owned them, and sold a few from my salvage yard back in the day.

Richard

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 91 has the needle gages with the tach. I didn't realize that they were that rare.

Sent from my LG-H820PR using Tapatalk

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 91 has the needle gages with the tach. I didn't realize that they were that rare.

Sent from my LG-H820PR using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
This is the needle on with tach
You must be registered for see images attach

This one is a wheeled one. It is a wheel with a painted needle.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the needle one with tach.

There are also variants of the needle ones without tach.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yep, I've done this swap and highly recommend it. I have found two of the unicorn clusters, luckily too, exactly when I needed them and set-up correctly for my gears and tire size. Second one was dead but being a unicorn I spent time getting it back to life. Been on the look out for a spare ever since with no dice. Perhaps it's time to buy another '88-mid91 truck then? :D

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Yep, I've done this swap and highly recommend it. I have found two of the unicorn clusters, luckily too, exactly when I needed them and set-up correctly for my gears and tire size. Second one was dead but being a unicorn I spent time getting it back to life. Been on the look out for a spare ever since with no dice. Perhaps it's time to buy another '88-mid91 truck then? :D
I have a stack of the needle ones with tacs. I'm a member of the Junk Yard Mafia. Good Dashes too.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I need build a barn or something to store excess parts like those clusters. Basement is overflowing and not sure the attic would be a good spot for electronics..

crucian35

Reaction score
is there any right ups on swapping the 92-94 into a 90 c1500 with moonies?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I think so. I thought I read a thread about that here not too long ago... Don't remember exactly.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
It's a big PITA compared to finding the unicorn '91 cluster though. Those used an external DRAC module so it has to be wired up separately, splice the other harness into your harness and much more.