91 Z71 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removed the old hitch, going to clean it up paint and re install :)
do you know the specs of those hitch bolts?

My hitch only has 2 of 6 bolts on it LOL. Noticed before i tried towing anything with it and the old ones are obviously undersized (lots of washers and like 3/8" bolts.

I need to go to lowes to pick me up some but couldnt find the specs online for them, or find a hitch hardware kit.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't blame you it does look like crap but I used the crimped/heat shrink connectors..then sealed them with the liquid tape. All of the wires will be wrapped with new conduit and covered up. Still agree its rough looking...not the best painter LOL

Attachments

• 20210716_123239.jpg
    20210716_123239.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 7

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you know the specs of those hitch bolts?

My hitch only has 2 of 6 bolts on it LOL. Noticed before i tried towing anything with it and the old ones are obviously undersized (lots of washers and like 3/8" bolts.

I need to go to lowes to pick me up some but couldnt find the specs online for them, or find a hitch hardware kit.
Not 100% sure on the specs, my father bought the hitch used at a yard sale 25+ years ago but took some measurements and photos for you!
I do know that I used a 6 point 3/4 inch socket to remove Both nut and bolt heads. Also 19mm 6 pt socket fit.
Not sure if I can clean these bolts up and reuse them, but might be replacing like you are.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• bolt 1.jpg
    bolt 1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 3
  • bolt 2.jpg
    bolt 2.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 3

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if you can buy those crossmembers new. They always seem to rust first
I'm almost 100% certain you can, I also need to replace the cross member behind the cab that supports the fuel tank. From what I can tell that one is a bolt in piece, the spare though looks pressed in/so might need to be welded.
My father has no desire to replace the spare tire, but I would feel a little naked without having one!

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Resolved a billing issue with Summit Racing, Went with JBA shorty's that are ceramic coated. Should match up better with the JBA Y-Pipe and arrive by mid next week. Excited to hear what it sounds like and will post a sound clip! Hope it isn't too obnoxious!
Researching what I need to prep the exhaust ports and/or any tips for installing the copper header gaskets/headers. Finger's crossed for no leaks.
A little nervous about how she is going to run after replacing the oil pressure sensor/cap/rotor/wires/plugs and doing the heated O2 conversion. Just want it to run right!

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not 100% sure on the specs, my father bought the hitch used at a yard sale 25+ years ago but took some measurements and photos for you!
I do know that I used a 6 point 3/4 inch socket to remove Both nut and bolt heads. Also 19mm 6 pt socket fit.
Not sure if I can clean these bolts up and reuse them, but might be replacing like you are.
Hope this helps!
Thanks!

looks like 1/2"x2" to me, or 7/16"