91 silverado dash panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bama92

Reaction score
I'm in need of some help here guys. I'm tryin to do a little planning ahead and find solutions im goin to have later down the road with my truck.

So I have a 91 silverado and just like most if not all GMT-400 models the dash is trashed. So the instrument bezel and other small parts I can probably find, but what im needing help with is behind that with the dash panel itself.

So what are some solutions to this that yall have found? Would it be worth it to try my luck at a junk yard? Is there any company that sells the dash panel as an aftermarket part?

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Junkyard would be your best bet, if not jump on the GMT400 Facebook page and ask there. Someone is surely to know a good dash somewhere. When I replaced the one in my old 91 I searched for a year before I found a solid dash from a low mileage wreck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I have some bins of GMT-400 parts, let me know..It is strange on how the plastic quality changes over the years. I find the 95+ door handles seem to be made of better plastic..

You must be registered for see images attach

Nickpisp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help but to have noticed that myself....Why is that? Anyone know??
A local guy who parts them out for a living told me that the composition of the plastic was changed. I don’t know that for a fact, but looking at dozens and dozens of trucks online and in person, the older dashes are always better. I found a perfect one in an ‘89 in the junkyard.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My guess would be that the bean counters figured out they could hit their bonuses if they cut the quality of the plastic.

Bingo! Remember the expected life of the truck was "when it's paid for they will want another one" . They didn't expect the guy who bought the used truck to even care about that stuff.