90's retro makeover/restore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time for another build did not plan on another but traded around and got here haha. So quick run down had an 03 suburban 3/5 drop cateye swap and 5 speed swap that a traded for a friends 90 sierra we LS swapped but he needed something bigger. And at the time i had no intention of keeping the sierra.

Put the sierra up for sale for a while, about gave up on it when I got a marketplace trade offer on the old crapbook page after a few hours of conversation, I set out on a 4hr round trip Dec. 1st 2021 for this..............

1992 C3500. "aka Big Booty Judy" Was also my first big block thought yea this will be cool. Well im here to say its 7.4 liters of disappointment except at the gas station, she might have a slight drinking problem lol

You must be registered for see images attach

The good part running gear is solid, the bad suspension, brakes, and cosmetic needs help from multiple PO's ideas of fixing or customizing have not been great.

Ive done so much and have not documented so i'll try to keep it mostly in order. But first ripped out subs and box from bed, removed wood grain from interior, removed Go Fast parts from the TBI engine (sounds funny fast and TBI together)

Next business was the dash I have never came across one so bad. Pieces would fall off and into the floor others just went down the defrost

Something was also busted on the HVAC box i dont remember what but replaced it including the evaporator, the fitting was bent and tweaked so much it couldnt hold the o ring on and just leaked from not being round anymore(cant find pic), also had wrong control, temp actuator had no cover had to manual adjust from inside the glove box and recirc actuator was fried could smell it burnt

CONTINUED

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the wiring nightmare that contined inside just from the dash harness was a decent size box of crap wiring that was added and most didnt go to anything and about 30 wire taps & wire nuts but got all that stripped out and had the dash harness as close back to factory as possible.

Check out the custom E Fan switch beside fuse panel

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Another i forgot, was straightening up under hood and during cutting a thousand zip ties from everywhere. I cut the 2 yes 2 that was holding the electric fans and they dropped down on lower rad hose/ frame horns

So on to bolting shroud into top of rad flange with bolt on each side and made brackets for the lower

Attachments

• 20220103_194523.jpg
    20220103_194523.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 9

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

May not be much but i was proud of myself for the idea on brackets on they worked as planned the first time

Interior again. I may been a little ADHD on this thing it needed so much didnt know where to start lol
the seat where horrible had 2017 chevy seats held in with self tappers

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of these pics are from PO fb page since i didnt have alot of before. But i added the blue rear bench and the front buckets.

The trucks interior goes to upholstery shop next month the whole interior has been wrapped in tweed sometime in the past so im going back blue tweed on all the panels and trim, then bottom of doors go a dark grey tweed. Seems thatll be best was to keep the 90s vibe for the truck. added some blue door panels for the time cause the sprayed dyed red ones where rough might as well be sandpaper

Driver door was "falling off" no bushings left door handle was busted and falling out of door, latch and striker wore from all the beating luckily didnt crack the b pillar yet. also the 454 was starving of fuel under any throttle so swapped to a vortec pump

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Water leak i can never buy anything without one. So traced it down to the busted clear cab lights bought new ones on amazon. Little china made special and they leaked also. So after pricing OEM ones and i finished crying over highway robbery, im glad i bought them a world of difference and NO water leaks.

In all the pics china junk on left and oem on right

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be a law against untasteful use of spray paint

The whole grille, shell,billet,bumper filler, and some/most of the lights got a spray bomb treatment. who does these kinda things idunno.
Not much to say heres the pics Did the billet first and few weeks later i tried the shell when i had enough of the black