90's retro makeover/restore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for another build did not plan on another but traded around and got here haha. So quick run down had an 03 suburban 3/5 drop cateye swap and 5 speed swap that a traded for a friends 90 sierra we LS swapped but he needed something bigger. And at the time i had no intention of keeping the sierra.

Put the sierra up for sale for a while, about gave up on it when I got a marketplace trade offer on the old crapbook page after a few hours of conversation, I set out on a 4hr round trip Dec. 1st 2021 for this..............

1992 C3500. "aka Big Booty Judy" Was also my first big block thought yea this will be cool. Well im here to say its 7.4 liters of disappointment except at the gas station, she might have a slight drinking problem lol

You must be registered for see images attach

The good part running gear is solid, the bad suspension, brakes, and cosmetic needs help from multiple PO's ideas of fixing or customizing have not been great.

Ive done so much and have not documented so i'll try to keep it mostly in order. But first ripped out subs and box from bed, removed wood grain from interior, removed Go Fast parts from the TBI engine (sounds funny fast and TBI together)

Next business was the dash I have never came across one so bad. Pieces would fall off and into the floor others just went down the defrost

Something was also busted on the HVAC box i dont remember what but replaced it including the evaporator, the fitting was bent and tweaked so much it couldnt hold the o ring on and just leaked from not being round anymore(cant find pic), also had wrong control, temp actuator had no cover had to manual adjust from inside the glove box and recirc actuator was fried could smell it burnt

CONTINUED
This instruments cluster was hideous. I nearly turned into a stone just by looking at it.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My
Might sound weird but alot of the odd stuff does work best. i believe it lol. But these are polished aluminum and not chrome. so ill have to clear them or keep polishing them but they was less then $800
My adventure with polished aluminium ended after 2 years-after year one over winter they looked bad-so I polished them back to nice finish,put wax on em and waited for next winter-I didn't drive when they used salt on the roads-and still they started going bad-despite being hardly driven. I decifed I can't spend every summer on polishing wheels,so I had them painted. Maybe you'll have more patience with them-Kenny is the man to ask about maintenance. Pics are:1-new,2-first winter,3.polished in the summer

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_165746.jpg
    IMG_20200311_165746.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210526_181243.jpg
    IMG_20210526_181243.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210526_210116.jpg
    IMG_20210526_210116.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 5

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your green goblin fade is bad A bro I’ve never seen a green one I’ve seen the usual tan to grey/black and blue ones but that’s really something! But if you want to do something to the outside of it get new wheels and it will change or even update it with the right set an make seem not as old if that’s more the look your going towards? That’s what I did with mine to make her a lil more youthful is the word I’ve been needing to say lol! Before and after pics
I like the looks of these new wheels-it did make it more modern.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a tough deal on them wheels you said you painted them? But no pick or your going to paint them? Lol but in stead of paint why not clear them get them multi layered cleared maybe that will be the ticket?

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Thanks yeah I forget which thread on here I went into length on the wheels on but they are exactly what I figured they’d end up doing for my 400 Escalade! Which gmt400 Escalade might be the thread lol but yeah I’m still over the moon on grabbing these up it’s as they actually complete the outside looks! It’s weird but they hit the mark on multiple levels of wants classy , tough , clean , like a vogue rim dealer option , unique in that they’re from early 2000’s so they’re fitting with the style vs newer wheels that are designed for that newer vehicle an don’t quite mesh with older designs. Not knocking on anyone who has that going on just it’s way easier to get newer stuff than old new stock that just got lost over time but someone came in an said we need to figure out whatever this stuff is. That’s what I think happened for me an I just got lucky on nobody was really looking at them to buy.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This instruments cluster was hideous. I nearly turned into a stone just by looking at it.
Thats why it was the very first thing i changed
My

My adventure with polished aluminium ended after 2 years-after year one over winter they looked bad-so I polished them back to nice finish,put wax on em and waited for next winter-I didn't drive when they used salt on the roads-and still they started going bad-despite being hardly driven. I decifed I can't spend every summer on polishing wheels,so I had them painted. Maybe you'll have more patience with them-Kenny is the man to ask about maintenance. Pics are:1-new,2-first winter,3.polished in the summer
Im gonna try it and after the 1st yr see how they hold up and then decide if im gonna clear them

KevinJS

Reaction score
I'm doing a 90's retro mod. Starting with the '94 K1500 6.5TD I bought last summer. I'm fortunate to have found a low mileage truck in great condition. My goal is to get it looking like I would have if I bought it new. So far I added wheels and tires. I have alum diamond plate mudflaps. Front tires stick out a bit so probably going to have to add stock looking flares. I'm actually thinking of a 90's style tonno with bows. Or may go with a fiberglass cap if I can find a nice used one. I'm not a running board fan so I'm getting hoop steps. I'd prefer nothing but wife is short.

Needs exhaust upgrade and air intake.

May lift it a few inches, not sure. I'm going to use it tao haul weekend projects. That was my main reason for buying a truck. I'm in mid 50's so I don't want to make it difficult to load and unload.

Attachments

• ted-1.jpeg
    ted-1.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 9
  • ted-2.jpeg
    ted-2.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 9

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here's the first one I found. More hunting tomorrow....

Attachments

• IMG_20220420_190121.jpg
    IMG_20220420_190121.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 24