90 K1500 V6 to V8 swap. MOUNTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as the mount spacers go, #7 and #3 are an “either or” part. One utilizes the rods, the other does not. They’ll both perform the same function as a spacer.

For the HD mounts, I realized I might be thinking of the Squarebody trucks. I just put a set in one of mine. Maybe the GMT400’s are a bit unloved compared to squares, LOL.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
The Voice of Experience speaks, and should be respected.

I totally forgot about the spacers and the trans support rods. But if they're re-usable along with the engine brackets, all you need is the frame mounts (rubber cushions) and as said--the fan shroud. Amazon has the GM part number frame cushions for about $60. (The Amazon description says they're made in China.) I'd have sworn those were discontinued.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Note that one review from Canada says this mount is for 2wd not 4wd. He had to cut this mount apart to salvage the rubber insert, modify the rubber insert, and put it into his original steel clamshell. [Later edit] I can confirm that the steel housing is not the same as the ones for my '88 K1500.[/Later edit]

I assume the wire harness is the same. Perhaps you need to extend some wires.

News to me. No-one offered me a "HD version" when I was looking.

Do you have a part number for the HD version? I checked www.napaonline.com and they're only listing one mount for my '88 K1500 5.7L; and it's the same thin-steel-shell Chinese junk as I got from O'Reillys.
yes some of the sensor wires need to be extended. everything else was the same. even ran the same computer. the engine side mounts from the v6 fit both my 305sb and 400sb so they were cleaned and reused. the support bars can be reused, i left them off (do to repeat starter issues, got tired of them being in the way) i dont remember what frame side mounts i got but i got them from rock auto. i think there where two options. offset and center engine placement.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Our series GMT 400 trucks the front frame has alot of changes between 2 wheel drive and four wheel drive. Steering, suspension, mount points. When searching parts be specific.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The summit/ transdapt parts are nice for "S " series as V8 wasn't available. The factory parts fit and easily obtainable for the right price.