90 Chevy GMT400 k3500 Dually 4x4 gas ⛽️ lift kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi new here trying to find a great lift kit for the dually, would love ❤️ a 6 inch lift at least… any insights please school me, newbie to the box Chevy and new to the dually.
I went with the more expensive Race Car Dynamics Kit it was designed for the K2500 but fits the K3500 like a glove with high quality precision parts very minor cutting of frame literally you cut the lower mounting tab off that holds front differential on rear of differential an you cut the upper bushing off the casting of differential on the upper front an bolt on a new mount the rest is bolt on this kit required no cutting for control arms this was why i purchased this kit it’s beefy and well worth it was installed on my 98 crew cab k3500 DRW 4x4

Reaction score
I went with the more expensive Race Car Dynamics Kit it was designed for the K2500 but fits the K3500 like a glove with high quality precision parts very minor cutting of frame literally you cut the lower mounting tab off that holds front differential on rear of differential an you cut the upper bushing off the casting of differential on the upper front an bolt on a new mount the rest is bolt on this kit required no cutting for control arms this was why i purchased this kit it’s beefy and well worth it this was done on my 1998 K3500 dual rear wheel crew cab long bed pick up

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any 8 lug lift kit should do the trick for that year truck. Are you going to be hauling with that pig too? If so, an add a leaf won't do much good, you're going to be stuck using massive blocks.
You can have custom springs made. They aren’t that expensive and I’ll pay the extra over lift blocks.
but as far as spacers get steel ones that are hub centric. 2 inch wide ones will work. That’s what we ran on my buddys OBS F350. He went from 235/85/16 to 285/75/16
The aluminum ones that are not hubcentric…i would stay away. Expect to pay $300 plus for a good set.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can have custom springs made. They aren’t that expensive and I’ll pay the extra over lift blocks.
but as far as spacers get steel ones that are hub centric. 2 inch wide ones will work. That’s what we ran on my buddys OBS F350. He went from 235/85/16 to 285/75/16
The aluminum ones that are not hubcentric…i would stay away. Expect to pay $300 plus for a good set.

The thing with the custom springs is, from what I've seen, they'll put you a mile up off the overload springs which means the truck will sag a log more when loaded.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing with the custom springs is, from what I've seen, they'll put you a mile up off the overload springs which means the truck will sag a log more when loaded.

Sure there can be some squat when using lifted aftermarket springs. It depends on who you buy from and the amount of lift You’re looking to get. If it’s some cheap no name brand possibly. A well designed and built set using good spring steel will have enough springs in the pack at the right thickness / rate to give both lift and support loads. . I have Deaver springs near me. But you can add airbags to help with the sag. There are also overload spring set ups that can be used. Ultimately while more expensive the lift springs are better than blocks Imo. Blocks cause more axle warp and blocks can break or slip out due to the added leverage they create.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sure there can be some squat when using lifted aftermarket springs. It depends on who you buy from and the amount of lift You’re looking to get. If it’s some cheap no name brand possibly. A well designed and built set using good spring steel will have enough springs in the pack at the right thickness / rate to give both lift and support loads. . I have Deaver springs near me. But you can add airbags to help with the sag. There are also overload spring set ups that can be used. Ultimately while more expensive the lift springs are better than blocks Imo. Blocks cause more axle warp and blocks can break or slip out due to the added leverage they create.

Lift springs are better than blocks, I agree to an extent because axle wrap sucks. But if you want to haul you need to make sure the overloads are gonna play nice with the rest of the pack. I've never seen a lift spring with an overload that matched, got a link? Asking for a friend.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lift springs are better than blocks, I agree to an extent because axle wrap sucks. But if you want to haul you need to make sure the overloads are gonna play nice with the rest of the pack. I've never seen a lift spring with an overload that matched, got a link? Asking for a friend.
I don’t have a link but there are plenty of helper spring type systems or airbags that can be installed on springs to help with loaded sag. If you’re using the truck as a real work vehicle I would think the last thing you wanna do is lift it sky high. Working out of a lifted truck gets old fast.
You can do what I did. Call (well I drove there) Deaver springs or a spring shop that actually makes springs not just a parts place that sells pre-made springs. I had a set of springs made for my F250 cause the fronts were sagging after 20 years.…so they built a set. It was $550 installed. A aftermarket set would run about $400ish plus $50/60 for the U bolts and it wouldn’t take in account my truck. . For $100 more I got a custom set that adjusted the height to a X code rate (Ford heavy duty snow plow spring) and also took in account the added weight of the winch bumper and winch on the truck. And that price was installed on my truck
im about to order another set for my F350 as those are finally starting to sag now. But 22 years later I got my money worth out of the stock set. The ride is rougher as the springs are hitting the bump stops. And it’s a diesel abd has a Ranchhand with winch on it also

Last edited:

Smoothk9

Reaction score
I went with the more expensive Race Car Dynamics Kit it was designed for the K2500 but fits the K3500 like a glove with high quality precision parts very minor cutting of frame literally you cut the lower mounting tab off that holds front differential on rear of differential an you cut the upper bushing off the casting of differential on the upper front an bolt on a new mount the rest is bolt on this kit required no cutting for control arms this was why i purchased this kit it’s beefy and well worth it was installed on my 98 crew cab k3500 DRW 4x4
Thanks looking for it now says it’s for 98-2006 fitmen only

Smoothk9

Reaction score
Is it this one?

Attachments

• 7C8E1CA9-CE22-4977-B0BA-8B530FA3D4E7.png
    7C8E1CA9-CE22-4977-B0BA-8B530FA3D4E7.png
    758.1 KB · Views: 10