90 c1500 farm truck build starts now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
Finnaly got my farm truck on the lift. I will be removing the trucks bed tomorrow and then will start to install a 4/6 drop kit + all new steering/suspension components and new upper and lower control arm bushings. Any tips and tricks to the notch kit install would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first lowered vehicle custom build . i will post photos as build progresses.
Thanks
Wes

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
Made some progress today. Strip bed off truck, placed engone on stand, removed intake heads etc. I plan on to continue the suspension install while the truck is still running/driving. Looking on some input on doing the rear drop with a notch kit. Any tips will be welcomed. Im seriously new to this style of suspension set up.

Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
Ive been moving forward in little icrements here and there. Between work at the Mazda dealership, home and the kids my free time has been limited. Up to the current state5 Ive stripped apart my old block due to it having heavy pitting on the # 6 cylinder wall. Found a guy out of Lakeland who is a retired machinist and purchased a fresh .30 over block. So ill be getting ready to assemble the block hopefully in following weeks. I do have a ? Has anyone here had any personal experience using the assualt racing aluminum cylinder heads found on ebay???. They seem to be a good deal but again this is ebay and i question the heads integrity. I also conaidered purchasing the eldebrock estreet or blue print heads from summitt. Any iformation/reviews would be great. However to continue on with my shitbox Ive sanded/painted the entire chassis, assembled the front suspension. Just need to install tie rods/sway bar + links. I started to pull apart the rear of the vehicle last night to start on the notch kit. Im considering deleting the drum brakes and going with disc brake conv. Also replacing the rear axle seals plus installing 3.73 gears with a locker. But funds are limited at this moment and still doing research. I apologize for falling off the bandwagon folks. As we all know life gets busy and ill tell you time is never on my side. Lol.

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
Update. Ive installed the notch kit earlier this weeks + flip kit finally today 3/22. It was quite the experience using a plasma cutter for the first time. Disregard the ****** cutting skills pure amatuer. We shouldve praticed on something else first. But it was a new purchase for me and was eager to test it out. Well you see the results. Lol the Kit is atleast bolted in, painted, and looks tough plus installed new leaf spring hangars. Now I have just a few final odds and ends to button up with the suspension/steering. Must say Im getting excited now that I can see the end of the road with this build. Only have to assemble together the new motor clean engine bay/paint and install motor. Heres some photos of the progress.....

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
More progress made over the last couple of months. I was able to buy a complete 97 c1500 ext for $400.00 the gentleman who had the truck overheated and took the engine out. So i purchased and stripped it completely down almost to the bare bones. Then i started to pull my scsb apart again. Boy its been a blast ripping these trucks apart. My intentions are to take my 90 and upgrade it to a 97. Here are a few pics of the progress so far. If anyone has done this type of swap any tips I would greatly appreciate them. I'm fully deleting a/c and most if not all electronics. I will be building a custom dash cluster to fit mechanical gauges. Only electric I will need to run will be for the exterior/interior lamps, wipers, drivers seat, and radio. Again this is going to be a pavement princess after all said and done. Side note if anyone needs any parts between whats left between the 2x trucks and are in the Melbourne/Orlando FL area let me know what it is you need. I plan to take the truck to the crushers in the next few weeks. So act fast. I need to have access to the trailer to start my next project vehicle 2003 Blazer Extreme that will be getting a lq9 stuffed into it. If I wasnt so far along and had a sbc sitting I would stuff the lq9 into the truck but im invested to much to switch things up.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
97 c1500 whats left of it at least.

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
I started with plans to install dash remove doors and assemble the front clip.Well started at 8am and wprked through till 2pm. Tore apart the new front core cleaned, removed the old front core off the truck and installed new right after and asembled front clip. Pulled the red doors. Pulled a.c. box Installed the 97 dash & doprs. Will pull the interior next week and rubber floor. Then plan on wrapping everything up seal it in bags spray degreaser and the clean 25yrs + of dirt and grime. After wards i will paint all the inside of the cab black.

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
From the beginning till now.

Eastcoast321

Reaction score
A few hrs got put in today on this ol farm truck from Texas. Stripped out the seat/rubber floor. Wire wheeled everything down and invested $10 blk spray paint and a few hours of the finger crunches. its starting to come together. Ill be painting the roof next. Shopping for a headliner, some additional trim pieces, fabrication a sheet metal panel to cover the heater core holes on fire wall, and carpet and padding. Then I can move to the front of the vehicle and get going on the engine. Its starting to come together piece by piece.