90 c1500 farm truck build starts now.

Discussion in 'Street Build Threads' started by Eastcoast321, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Eastcoast321

Eastcoast321 Newbie

Finnaly got my farm truck on the lift. I will be removing the trucks bed tomorrow and then will start to install a 4/6 drop kit + all new steering/suspension components and new upper and lower control arm bushings. Any tips and tricks to the notch kit install would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first lowered vehicle custom build . i will post photos as build progresses.
    Thanks
    Wes

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

2. Eastcoast321

Eastcoast321 Newbie

Made some progress today. Strip bed off truck, placed engone on stand, removed intake heads etc. I plan on to continue the suspension install while the truck is still running/driving. Looking on some input on doing the rear drop with a notch kit. Any tips will be welcomed. Im seriously new to this style of suspension set up.

Thanks in advance. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

gmc2fst4u likes this.
  3. Eastcoast321

Eastcoast321 Newbie

Ive been moving forward in little icrements here and there. Between work at the Mazda dealership, home and the kids my free time has been limited. Up to the current state5 Ive stripped apart my old block due to it having heavy pitting on the # 6 cylinder wall. Found a guy out of Lakeland who is a retired machinist and purchased a fresh .30 over block. So ill be getting ready to assemble the block hopefully in following weeks. I do have a ? Has anyone here had any personal experience using the assualt racing aluminum cylinder heads found on ebay???. They seem to be a good deal but again this is ebay and i question the heads integrity. I also conaidered purchasing the eldebrock estreet or blue print heads from summitt. Any iformation/reviews would be great. However to continue on with my shitbox Ive sanded/painted the entire chassis, assembled the front suspension. Just need to install tie rods/sway bar + links. I started to pull apart the rear of the vehicle last night to start on the notch kit. Im considering deleting the drum brakes and going with disc brake conv. Also replacing the rear axle seals plus installing 3.73 gears with a locker. But funds are limited at this moment and still doing research. I apologize for falling off the bandwagon folks. As we all know life gets busy and ill tell you time is never on my side. Lol.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

gmc2fst4u likes this.
  4. Eastcoast321

Eastcoast321 Newbie

Update. Ive installed the notch kit earlier this weeks + flip kit finally today 3/22. It was quite the experience using a plasma cutter for the first time. Disregard the shitty cutting skills pure amatuer. We shouldve praticed on something else first. But it was a new purchase for me and was eager to test it out. Well you see the results. Lol the Kit is atleast bolted in, painted, and looks tough plus installed new leaf spring hangars. Now I have just a few final odds and ends to button up with the suspension/steering. Must say Im getting excited now that I can see the end of the road with this build. Only have to assemble together the new motor clean engine bay/paint and install motor. Heres some photos of the progress.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Eastcoast321

Eastcoast321 Newbie

Plasma cutting skills[​IMG]

skylark likes this.