9.25 ifs suburban swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lscobra

Reaction score
Im going to see if there is a way to use the 9.25 with all of the 1500 front end parts with some mix matching of cv axles. Not really swapping into a full 3/4 ton suspension i just want the stronger diff and rear axle.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don’t think CV’s will swap over. I believe the 3/4 are shorter, and won’t bolt up without moving the knuckle out. The was a thread about it on pirate, but that place went to ****.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one of my front axles out if you want me to measure anything on the axle. Mine is an 8 lug '99 k2500.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Overall length is about 22.5". Overall flange diameter is about 6.25", with the bolt center to center about 5.5".

Lscobra

Reaction score
Don’t think CV’s will swap over. I believe the 3/4 are shorter, and won’t bolt up without moving the knuckle out. The was a thread about it on pirate, but that place went to ****.
Im curious if it’s possible to use parts from a 3/4 ton shaft and a 1/2 ton shaft to make one that works.

Lscobra

Reaction score
Im curious if it’s possible to use parts from a 3/4 ton shaft and a 1/2 ton shaft to make one that works.

Lscobra

Reaction score
Finally got the 14 bolt to the house. Damn thing is heavy took we and 2 other guys with a couple floor jacks to get it into the trailer. Came with parking brake cables brake lines, u joint straps and u bolt brackets. 3.73 open diff (haven’t confirmed yet) with knock off drums from a ‘94 3/4 ton diesel suburban. Hopefully the driveshaft doesnt need to be shortened..

You must be registered for see images attach

orbit

Reaction score
Any update to this swap? I was thinking today and did a search and found this thread. I'm interested in getting a suburban to overland and want to upgrade the front diff.