9.25 ifs suburban swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With all these companies building SAS stuff, Id go that route before I would swap to 3/4 ton stuff. I did an SAS years ago in a storage unit, once everything was unbolted, drilled some holes and bolted the SAS stuff on. But its' not cheap, that is for sure. I have over a grand in the brackets, crossover, and shackle flip. But it's insanely overbuilt, so will be good for awhile.

Scottlauer_

Reaction score
Leafs can ride nice also just use the longest ones possible. I used 52" springs but can also use 56". I also thought about swapping my Tahoe to 3/4 ton but decided on the SAS as I found the axle housing's for a decent price and rebuilt them. Just take your time and explore all possibilities.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can source the parts it can be done relatively cheap. But it does add up after while. My axle needed everything other than gears, outer rebuild without joints was 650 or something. I went with a kit for crossover rather than piecing together, but arm I did have wouldn’t fit DLE. Bout all I need is calipers, u-joints, maybe some small stuff, but for now just wanna get it going. Pic for the hell of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lscobra

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind a solid axle up front. Its overkill for my goals though. Im really just looking for something a little stronger that i can put a locker in mainly for beach driving and some occasional off roading.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is way overkill for what I’m doing, but I had the parts for like 5-6 years now, n was gonna SAS 5-6 trucks now lol, so I wanna do it to something!!! I only plan on running 35s or some fat 36s. This will most likely be a mall crawler, but want to wheel it some. My kid loves sitting in the front when I drive around the yard, plus it’s in really good shape for the year n area, know how wheeling can turn a nice truck into a POS. Plus once it’s SAS’d, won’t have to mess with anything for years, not so much with IFS.

Lscobra

Reaction score
I probly wouldnt be considering any of this if it wasnt for a buddy of mine giving me a free 14 bolt ff.

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind a solid axle up front. Its overkill for my goals though. Im really just looking for something a little stronger that i can put a locker in mainly for beach driving and some occasional off roading.

by keeping it IFS.. but beefing it to 2500 HD.. you can run bigger tires and not have to worry when the 10 bolt is gonna calf... for a mildly run rig ... it's a less involved option.. IMO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d be interested to see just how one puts the diff in. I guess swapping to 8 lug is more involved, dunno, just what I’ve read. Either way I’m interested......