89 to 91 instrument cluster swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep it's a hack to be sure, but people have done it. It gets asked about enough that I copied the writeup and files and hosted them on my site, since the original pics seem to be no longer hosted.

PLEASE NOTE I did not write this article, I did not take the pics, I did not do the work...so please, don't ask me questions about this swap. :) I'm merely hosting the information. I do believe the original author is r6z4o6 from FSC.

http://someotherplace.com/info/clusterswap/cluster.html

I did just notice the second set of links to the drac2.pdf file are no good; just a capitalization error on the filename. The first links in the article work fine.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve seen where it has been done. I may have to replace that part of the Dash to accommodate, which is ok since mine has been sun damaged. I just need diagrams and pictures if anyone has them. I would have put a 91 cluster in, but they are super hard to find now.
Dunno if the forum still sends notifications but just in case.. ^^^ the info you were after.

Richard

RustyNM_92

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a bit confused, so a 93-94 dash cluster with tach should fit a 92 truck correct?

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just did this exact swap Saturday, used a 91 4.3 5spd dash with a tach in a 89 k2500 and it was direct fit plug and play. Would not work in my friends 94 c3500. Plugs were totally different

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great, I was considering swapping the moonies into my 92. Looks pretty doable!

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the purpose of swapping out the monies? I got monies and they alright? Is it worth it swapping out on a 91?

Nickpisp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the purpose of swapping out the monies? I got monies and they alright? Is it worth it swapping out on a 91?

Some people don’t like the monies. If you like yours, you’re golden.