89 to 91 instrument cluster swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nogard

Reaction score
The breaks are working just fine, aside from they started squeaking from time to time just a few days ago. This is my mom's truck. Two years ago she was dating some guy who thought it was okay to put 91% rubbing alcohol in the break line when it was low since he didn't have any break fluid. This resulted in her having a whole new break system installed. New master cylinder, lines, calipers, shoes, pads, rotors, and drums. The fluid in it is dark black and cloudy. I am going to bleed all four lines until all of the current fluid is drained and then refill the fluid and keep bleeding until I only get clean fluid, even if takes several large bottles to do so. Then I am going to replace all pads and shoes. Hopefully this will resolve both the light, and the infrequent squeaking.

Thanks for your replies, even if it was a little off topic.

Sanchezzzz

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering where does this cluster come from? I tried plugging It in my 1991 Chevy sport c1500 and It didn't wanna start the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering where does this cluster come from?
Super super base model with just warning lights instead of gauges.

Yeah, my 88 owner's manual shows this as the base model, maybe the W/T?

Is this a thread from a double post? I seem to remember replying to it before...

RanDmaN75

Reaction score
Does anyone still have photos and wiring diagrams for installing a 92 cluster in a 88-91 C1500? Every forum I go to the links are so old they are 404 or file missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Does anyone still have photos and wiring diagrams for installing a 92 cluster in a 88-91 C1500? Every forum I go to the links are so old they are 404 or file missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A '92 cluster will not work in a earlier dash. The cluster is thinner front to back on the '92. if you look at the dash assembly you will see that it sticks out a bit where the harness plug is. The '88-'90, maybe late '91 dash assembly is flat where the harness plug attaches to the dash assembly form behind.

RanDmaN75

Reaction score
I’ve seen where it has been done. I may have to replace that part of the Dash to accommodate, which is ok since mine has been sun damaged. I just need diagrams and pictures if anyone has them. I would have put a 91 cluster in, but they are super hard to find now.