89 K2500 Code 15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryson

Reaction score
I have a 1989 Chevrolet K2500,Put a brand new crate 350 in it over a year ago and it ran flawlessly,Recently I’m having a lot of trouble with my Coolant temp sensor.I’ve replaced the sensor twice so I’m nearly positive the sensors good,However the truck has code 15 and occasionally code 14,it use to only come on occasionally but now that I’ve been testing the wires and replacing the sensor the code 15 stays on consistently.The truck will start under its own power and high idle for just a second before dropping down like it’s reading the engine is already warm,once it drops down it dies.this only happens if I let it sit long enough to cool off,if it stays warm it will start OK but still not as good as it did Before the code.and when driving the TBI will dump fuel then stop repeatedly until it has warmed up,I’ll have the pedal barley pressed and it will try to die and rev back up repeatedly.Im at a complete loss I’ve tested everything to do with the CTS best I can without access to an OBD1 live data reader any help is appreciated.

Bryson

Reaction score
I’ve also noticed when moving the wires to the pigtail while the engine is cold will affect the amount of fuel it gets,which sounds like a faulty connection inside the pig tail however it will read 4.7-5 volts while moving the wires