'89 Fun daily build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Electric Issue

Spoke with Advantage and they said the issue was that they ended up needing another wire as an exciter from the cluster back to the alternator. They said Dakota Digital told them just one wire from the alternator to the cluster was needed.

They also still have my junction box cover so I won't need to go to a pick and pull for that.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dakota TPMS BIM

It took some.. convincing but they agreed to look around the shop for the missing pieces or otherwise compensate for them. At one point they asked if I just wanted a refund on the install but I declined because in the end they did install it and it works, even if it isn't pretty, and it doesn't feel right to not pay anything for that.

Amp install

After a talk and looking at the pictures Bryan at Frisco Audio right away apologized and told me to bring the receipt by from Street Dreamz and they'd refund me for the new wire and run.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some pictures from Street Dreamz. Here's a look at the power lock and window conversion.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is after sound deadening

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's... so... close

Got it back today and we're nearly daily ready. The steering play is nearly gone, it's little enough that I could live with it, at least for a while. The power conversion is great, security and remote start work great.

Unfortunately after I got home I lost all steering power and the oil started dipping to 8psi, both at idle. The cruise is still down as well. Hopefully all are easy and inexpensive to correct.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New lights, reflectors, mirrors, cheap wind deflectors, and tint

Taillights

I spent a couple hours cleaning the inside some weeks ago but tomorrow it's getting a full inside out detailing including carpet deep cleaning. Monday I'll be getting it registered and having the power steering at idle issue looked at. Friday it'll be going back to Street Dreamz for the weekend to have the cruise further diagnosed and have a few smaller details addressed.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Steering:

The gearbox was installed a bit off center and the wheel bearings were skipping. They opened the bearings and the look fine, no sign of wear or damage so they just tightened them a little. They still skip a little when the wheels are turned to lock. They centered the gearbox, realigned, and went to diagnose the pump issue. As they were trying to look for air leaks since no fluid was leaking, it sprung a substantial leak so I guess it was just on its way out.

With the current weather in North Texas parts might not arrive for a couple days while everyone shuts down. On a semi related note, I think my thermostat isn't working because the engine sits around 180f and rarely hits up to 200f. This means my heater barely works and with it being below 20 outside, it's cold in there!

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't picked it up yet so I can't confirm, but the steering is fixed. Unfortunately the gauge cluster is no longer reading oil pressure. Hopefully it's just because this is Advantage Autoworks idea of wire management:

Having Street Dreamz address some small things and diagnose the cruise control further so I won't have it back until Monday.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oil pressure is actually reading fine. The steering was also amazing until the power steering decided to stop working at idle again when I got home

I also picked up a nail in my front passenger tire at some point.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cruise control:

Looks like my only options are to rebuild or find one from a yard, can't even find any reman units
We install Rostra cruise controls. Im sure they have something for the OBS...

Last edited: