'89 Fun daily build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did buy that powermaster I mentioned but it won't fit without fab so I'm currently waiting to hear back about having the voltage regulator replaced in my current Remy Delco
The guys at Ohio Generator use OEM casing, so there's no chance of non fitment or the need for fabrication..... im just saying and the price will probably be about the same as the Powermaster and you will get 250-350 amps hot, just depending on the alternator case. Their alternators produce that number at idle to 2000 RPMs. No need to spin that thing 3k+ to see the power!!!

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guys at Ohio Generator use OEM casing, so there's no chance of non fitment or the need for fabrication..... im just saying and the price will probably be about the same as the Powermaster and you will get 250-350 amps hot, just depending on the alternator case. Their alternators produce that number at idle to 2000 RPMs. No need to spin that thing 3k+ to see the power!!!
Very good call

My local shop said they could only take me to 140 if I wanted it to be able to charge at idle and it was going to be almost 300, and that's with them using my alternator.

Called Ohio Gen and they said on my truck I should get about 180 at  idle. $425 all in, and I should have it Saturday pending any shipping issues. Thanks once again!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good call

My local shop said they could only take me to 140 if I wanted it to be able to charge at idle and it was going to be almost 300, and that's with them using my alternator.

Called Ohio Gen and they said on my truck I should get about 180 at  idle. $425 all in, and I should have it Saturday pending any shipping issues. Thanks once again!
For sure bro!!! Those guys are super easy to work with and they know their ****!!!
180 at idle is killer for a small case! You can see why those guys have been my goto company since the 90's!!!
Give us an update after you get it installed!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lookin truck! Lots of good stuff, the back and forth changing parts kinda sucks but looks like it’s worth it.

(I lived in HEB for a few years, miller muffler and eagle transmission both sound really familiar.)

And I don’t know if they’re still open but there was a stereo shop in Arlington called Shadow Tech, really great guys, really knowledgeable about 12v electronics and some of the best tinters.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I was going to change on the interior handle/lock myself but I found out those are riveted in. Decided wth, if I already need to have a shop install it and another shop do electric locks, why not just have one shop convert me to full power? Called Advantage Autoworks who installed the cluster & they quoted me 300 for the labor and I just have to get the parts for them. So once the alternator is in and I get the parking brake and other things taken care of it'll be going to them. They're also a collision shop so I'm going to have them quote me for paint touchups as well.

Now to find a door panel I want. TMI's look nice but are pretty costly, 1.3k+ a pair, and I'd like something with a pocket because I use it all the time. Holley sells some that in search says it fits but shows that it's actually for 1981-1987 C10s, it also looks like the C10 style. I'll have to call them to confirm. If I'm replacing the panels I'd rather not go stock and the pictures of Coverlay panels make them look very cheap and I haven't seen other options. I'm open to suggestions.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like I actually should be able to use the non power panels I already have and just design and print a cover for the window crank hole. That would let me push buying panels down the road.

Attachments

• 20221117_150712.jpg
    20221117_150712.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 10

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like I actually should be able to use the non power panels I already have and just design and print a cover for the window crank hole. That would let me push buying panels down the road.
Have you checked with a good custom car audio shop and see what they would charge to fab something up using your OEM panel? Imagination is a must in the 12 volt world, so I'm sure they could come up with something cool!!!!

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked with a good custom car audio shop and see what they would charge to fab something up using your OEM panel? Imagination is a must in the 12 volt world, so I'm sure they could come up with something cool!

I'm not ready for custom yet so I'm trying to avoid it until I am. When I do I'll be getting speakers in the doors and tweeters somewhere. I'm looking for the dash and doors panels to be soft touch instead of hard plastic but I haven't even decided on a color scheme yet so I'm trying to avoid spending money twice on the same thing where I can avoid it. Actually thinking about having the stock steering wheel leather wrapped sooner rather than later instead of getting a new one. My goal for the interior is stock in the style of modern performance luxury vehicles.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the Ohio Generators alternator in, had to cut a chunk out of the stock bracket to make it fit though. Unfortunately even after that my battery is still dropping voltage.

I'll be taking my old alternator in to be tested off of the truck to see if it's actually dead. If it isn't that means I have another issue, likely something the last shop did since the issue showed up on the way home from them.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My old alternator is fine so it must have been something done at the shop, hopefully this gets dealt with and doesn't turn in to an ordeal