'89 Fun daily build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For my records since I don't have the receipt, I believe the alternator I had put in years ago was the Delco Remy 22SI which is a 150A alternator

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to get a new alternator. Are there any special considerations for this part?

PWM-582038

It's pricy, but should work well with what I'm running. In the "applications" it says that engine vin code k has a 2" offset but I don't know if that means I would need anything separate if I have one of those engines.

I'm hoping since this is electrical @Wh4t3v3rs might know something about it

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to take the door panels off to install new side mirrors, decided to bring them in and give them some time with the heat gun to make them look a little more nice. I'd already tried several plastic restores and coatings to no avail.

You must be registered for see images attach

Worked well enough for something I'll be replacing in the future anyways:

They will also get a UV protective treatment

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to take the door panels off to install new side mirrors, decided to bring them in and give them some time with the heat gun to make them look a little more nice. I'd already tried several plastic restores and coatings to no avail.

Worked well enough for something I'll be replacing in the future anyways:

They will also get a UV protective treatment
Interesting ....the heat brings back a bit of shine??? Learn something new everyday I guess

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting ....the heat brings back a bit of shine??? Learn something new everyday I guess
If you take it nice and slow it can bring back shine depending on how bad the plastic is. There are several places that just had some color brought back but is still dull, even so that looks much better than what I had before.

Once I get some protective coating on it the shine and color might even out more. Either I'm pretty happy with the results.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to get a new alternator. Are there any special considerations for this part?

PWM-582038

It's pricy, but should work well with what I'm running. In the "applications" it says that engine vin code k has a 2" offset but I don't know if that means I would need anything separate if I have one of those engines.

I'm hoping since this is electrical @Wh4t3v3rs might know something about it
sorry brotha, just saw this post...... If you haven't purchased an alternator, I would suggest Ohio Generator, (330) 875-6677. Those guys have it figured out. I have been using their stuff since the 90's. They will make is so simple to upgrade and get the power you diesire.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry brotha, just saw this post...... If you haven't purchased an alternator, I would suggest Ohio Generator, (330) 875-6677. Those guys have it figured out. I have been using their stuff since the 90's. They will make is so simple to upgrade and get the power you diesire.
I did buy that powermaster I mentioned but it won't fit without fab so I'm currently waiting to hear back about having the voltage regulator replaced in my current Remy Delco