'89 door pull strap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deckeda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
C3500 Silverado

This is the plastic strap you pull in order to close the door. It's got metal ends, that I suppose bolt to the door panel ... and one has rusted through.

(I didn't find any reproduction parts available such as for square bodies.)

Rather than search junkyards for another piece with hidden rust, I'm wondering if my best course of action is to remove the old and have it cleaned up and welded.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I couldn't find one for my 88 C1500 a couple years ago. I thought I found one on a Chevy parts website but it was a thicker, fully plastic one that I had to modify to work. The little covers for the bolts won't go in place now. A boneyard is probably your best bet...

umwtnt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used metal strapping. I removed the plastic covering and transferred the measurements to a piece of metal strapping. Slipped the plastic covering on the new piece and installed. 4 years later and still no issues.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one that has the plastic cover and one that doesn't. I would love to find another cover. The metal part would be easy to duplicate.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An old leather belt works good if trimmed up properly and put eyelets on the ends for the bolts to hold it in place.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have any luck finding replacement pull handle straps?
I see we're commenting on a pretty old post.. Maybe it'll be helpful to someone anyway!
Actually, yes! I slid some 1/2" heat shrink over the strap and it fits perfect and looks decent. Then I found another factory strap, so I have the heat shrink-covered piece as a spare. Don't bother shrinking it down, just slide it over as-is and use it.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FPDBGYH

EpicColours

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If you guys are talking about these pull straps, I saw a few of these at my local junk yard. I grabbed a set to go with the doors. I even saw the little
Plastic inserts that cover the bolts.

Last edited: