88GMCtruck's NV4500 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I saw a 2 piece eclb at the yard a while back and it looked silular to mine but I'm pretty sure it was a ¾ ton

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a 2 piece eclb at the yard a while back and it looked silular to mine but I'm pretty sure it was a ¾ ton

Time to grab a tape measure or call a driveline shop and have one made. That is what Dave had to do. Dave's swap is not exactly the same as yours.

Reaction score
So the guy backed out on me but I did find out that a ccsb is 154.5" wheel base and a eclb is 155.5" wheel base unless my math is off, so in theory, the shafts from either a 5 speed or a 4l60 eclb should work yes? A 60e is the same length of the manual is what I gathered before, if anyone sees anything wrong with this please correct me

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the guy backed out on me but I did find out that a ccsb is 154.5" wheel base and a eclb is 155.5" wheel base unless my math is off, so in theory, the shafts from either a 5 speed or a 4l60 eclb should work yes? A 60e is the same length of the manual is what I gathered before, if anyone sees anything wrong with this please correct me

I wouldn't bet on that. Is it 2wd or 4wd? Early 2wd nv4500s weren't slipyoke and needed a 2 piece shaft. Yes, even std cab ones because I've pulled several that were 2 piece.

Either way, just get a longer than needed 1350 driveshaft and shorten it yourself, it's not hard (this is what I had to do, along with fab up a carrier bearing crossmember). Keep in mind in a 2 piece setup, if you keep the slip shaft stock length you can use the carrier bearing crossmember bolt holes that are already in the frame. Then just shorten the shaft that goes to the axle.