88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I gotta ask, where did you learn to rebuild transmissions? How tough would you say it is?

I would love to learn to rebuild my 4L60e, so any input or advice would be awesome (even if that includes "just have a shop do it").

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Hey Dave, I gotta ask, where did you learn to rebuild transmissions? How tough would you say it is?

I would love to learn to rebuild my 4L60e, so any input or advice would be awesome (even if that includes "just have a shop do it").

With no prior experience and if you dont have anybody that knows what they are doing id say take it to a shop haha, especially if you dont have a press

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

With no prior experience and if you dont have anybody that knows what they are doing id say take it to a shop haha, especially if you dont have a press

That is pretty much it. My uncle rebuilt transmissions his entire life, so I've learned from him and have the option to call him up or bring something by and say "how do i do this". Automatics are a completely different animal.... A manual I would say you could do with the right tools and a step by step guide, automatic though.... naw.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....4 doors, full back seat, lots of room and power to pull....

You looking to add a missus and a couple little gmt400 ankle biters soon?

:rofl:

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Hmmmm.....4 doors, full back seat, lots of room and power to pull....

You looking to add a missus and a couple little gmt400 ankle biters soon?

:rofl:
:lol: no...... I have a lot of other things I want to do in my life before I tie myself down. I'm at that age right now where all the people I went to school with are having kids and getting married. They all seem to be struggling with money and have all these responsibilities. I'm just not there. I'm enjoying my fun :D

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Nice. Really excited to see where this goes. That is about the ultimate GMT-400 for a work truck. Sexy.

I'm almost ready to dive into transmission land myself as well. Should be interesting.

Btw, quit posting pics under your truck. I don't want to see. As far as I want to know they came from the factory with rotted out floors and crusty frames.