88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I honestly couldn't live in a place like that.... Even my 88 is close to that clean underneath with 205,000 miles on it and I've driven this hell out of it.

It's bad, you gotta get lucky to find an out of state vehicle or just a needle in the hay stack without a ton of rust. There aren't any holes in the frame, surface rust is all. And the only body rust is cab corners and rockers on mine . Easy fix though...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Well that thing is definitely clean all around and you got a smokin' deal on it, even with the tranny problem. So I asuume you're liking the new house??? Picked up a set of these about a week or so ago. The guy had them on Phoenix CL for a while and never sold them, so I was on Ebay one day and saw it was the same guy selling, bought them and had Danny (96k1500) pick them up for me. Still deciding on centers. The 400 and 900 caps are impossible to find in a set of 4 in good condition.
YES! Those are one of my favorite wheels right behind PY0s. Glad you found a nice set. And I vote for GMT400 caps.... You sticking with the bowtie or moving to GMC on this one? I'll keep an eye out. I found a really clean GMC set locally for my 88.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's bad, you gotta get lucky to find an out of state vehicle or just a needle in the hay stack without a ton of rust. There aren't any holes in the frame, surface rust is all. And the only body rust is cab corners and rockers on mine . Easy fix though...
I'm a little worried around here, this year they started using SALT on our mountain pass. I probably will not take this truck up there..... At least in winter.

Great looking truck! Excited to see what's in store for it!
:)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If you do drive it where they spread salt make sure to wash it asap, or go get it covered in mud and the salt will never touch metal haha, my 96 wasnt to bad aside from one cab corner which was gone when i got it, it saw alot of abuse but i also put alot into preserving it the best i could

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Hole in the gas tank...
Try a TBI/TH400/4:10 combo :banghead:

Great looking truck.

Shame about the 4wd though!

:lol:

Can't wait to see how this one goes!

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Smokin' deal on a super clean truck! Congrats!
Just a little bit too tall though! Lol! And that's a lot of grey interior!
Wonderin' here you've been. Too bad you've put all that time & effort on moving & working on the new place seeing as you're gonna have to sell it now.
The garage is just too small. Need a place that that 'limo' will fit into!