88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I don't have Instagram, but it will be interesting to see what Dave does with the LBZ. :popcorn:

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the method of just going back through the pages to find what you're looking for, because with Dave's builds, while you're looking for one thing, you're gonna get ideas for about 14 other things by the time you find the first idea.
Plus like damn, it's cool as hell seeing the progression from the first pic to the last,

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I come on his build
Page, I’m like dammit I want to do that or I am going to do that. My wife can tell when I spend time on forums because parts and accessories will start showing up to the house:D

My reply to her. Well it’s cheaper than buying a new $60k truck
:dogpile:

DanteGTZ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, today we finally picked up our new travel trailer. It was one of the primary reasons I bought the truck. It handles the weight just fine but it sure feels sluggish in from 10mph on... a Cummins swap may very well be in the Black Fox's future.

Still really digging this truck...
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance and forgetfulness, but you have towed before? I just find it really hard to believe that a boosted 454 feels like a turd dragging what looks like such a minimal load, though I do understand we all have different expectations on how a truck should drag weight down the road. Mine does pretty good without boost dragging a giant assed camper and trailer in Colorado, but my real powertrain judgment will come into play in a month or 2 when I can finally put the Whipple back on and see what 600+ ft/lb can do for me.

DanteGTZ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance and forgetfulness, but you have towed before? I just find it really hard to believe that a boosted 454 feels like a turd dragging what looks like such a minimal load, though I do understand we all have different expectations on how a truck should drag weight down the road. Mine does pretty good without boost dragging a giant assed camper and trailer in Colorado, but my real powertrain judgment will come into play in a month or 2 when I can finally put the Whipple back on and see what 600+ ft/lb can do for me.
Im definitely no stranger to towing all kinds of stuff. The truck isn't supercharged anymore. Don't get me wrong, it does the job, it's just not winning any races doing it.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Im definitely no stranger to towing all kinds of stuff. The truck isn't supercharged anymore. Don't get me wrong, it does the job, it's just not winning any races doing it.

I wouldn't expect Vette performance from a NA big block from the late 90s with an 80e lol. As long as it holds it's speed I'd say it's doing well hahaha. Imagine my tired old 350 hauling that. It's why I use the wife's jeep instead. The diesel in it just pulls so much better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk