88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
After installing rear door speakers you say the wiring runs to the center plug... where did you connect to the rear speaker wiring at? Where does that wiring run inside truck? I want to remove my rear 4x6 and ad rear door speakers
I remember that there was a plug at the center of the driver side b pillar. Just kinda have to chase the 4x6 c pillar wiring back

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like the sarcasm, but it would be easier for everyone later to have a single page in the forum that has just pics and not have to go through 152 long pages across 6 long years.

As much as that thought is easy... The mods and things done to the truck were a progression and everything I explained over it's lifetime in my ownership. Maybe not fully step by step "how to" style but it's pretty much all there.

I took 341 pictures of it when I sold it. Uploading and posting that many photos to this forum is quite the chore, and trying to add descriptions to them is a chore. I honestly don't have time for that, seeing as I haven't even had time to make a new thread for the replacement truck...

I hate to be a dick about it but I took the time to post the build of the truck, if you are that interested go through the thread. If you still have questions after that post them up. But I am a busy person and I can't re-gurgitate this when honestly it's 99% there.

I like the method of just going back through the pages to find what you're looking for, because with Dave's builds, while you're looking for one thing, you're gonna get ideas for about 14 other things by the time you find the first idea.
Plus like damn, it's cool as hell seeing the progression from the first pic to the last,

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I like the method of just going back through the pages to find what you're looking for, because with Dave's builds, while you're looking for one thing, you're gonna get ideas for about 14 other things by the time you find the first idea.
Plus like damn, it's cool as hell seeing the progression from the first pic to the last,
No doubt about it, Dave sure does a lot to his trucks! It's fun reading the progression of them.

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for an update!

After awhile of searching, I found another Lund Coldfront that fits this truck. I've had one on my 88 for years now, and it's great in the winter. Warms up faster. These have been discontinued awhile now, glad to have found it. new in box.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also had a successful trip to the junkyard, found a set of 08+ Express/Savana HVAC knobs for my truck. I then picked up a 4th and modified it to fit on the headlamp switch which involved cutting the shaft down and dremeling the knob itself to fit. Really think it gives it a more modern look and ties together nicely with the stereo and the escalade handles.

We also had a good 8-10" of snow yesterday... first time I've had snow at my actual house in years. Couldn't resist taking the dually out in it to work, and later took the 88 out to play around.

Love this sight at home

Once it got later, I swapped over the driver's door from the suburban since it had better paint than mine; that was one of the reasons I bought a black parts truck.

Uh, something isn't right here: 2500 Dually?

Oh, on my last junkyard trip I scored these: GMT800 crewcab body trim. Have been looking for a set for a long while now.

With the door swapped and old body trim removed, I was able to install the new trim. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can wash it and get decent pictures with the new trim!

I’ve pulled on the headlight switch knob and it doesn’t seem to want to come off like the hvac knobs do... am I missing something?? Picked up 4 savannah knobs to replace mine..

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I’ve pulled on the headlight switch knob and it doesn’t seem to want to come off like the hvac knobs do... am I missing something?? Picked up 4 savannah knobs to replace mine..
The headlight knob is entirely different... It kinda has a catch on it, you have to pull it pretty hard. And then you have to modify the shaft and the knob to fit.

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headlight knob is entirely different... It kinda has a catch on it, you have to pull it pretty hard. And then you have to modify the shaft and the knob to fit.
I’ll grab a spare from junkyard this afternoon...

I need to bring my truck and a box of parts and drop it off at your house lol.. I couldn’t afford the labor bill lol... thanks for the reply tho.. I know it’s aggravating answering all these questions..

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As much as that thought is easy... The mods and things done to the truck were a progression and everything I explained over it's lifetime in my ownership. Maybe not fully step by step "how to" style but it's pretty much all there.

I took 341 pictures of it when I sold it. Uploading and posting that many photos to this forum is quite the chore, and trying to add descriptions to them is a chore. I honestly don't have time for that, seeing as I haven't even had time to make a new thread for the replacement truck...

I hate to be a dick about it but I took the time to post the build of the truck, if you are that interested go through the thread. If you still have questions after that post them up. But I am a busy person and I can't re-gurgitate this when honestly it's 99% there.
not being a dick at all IMO Absolutely 100% realistic. :waytogo:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
If you pulled all the pictures and information from this thread and put them in a thread of there own, it would still be a solid 30-40 pages if not more.