88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I put in my gmt800 console yesterday and was wondering when you put yours in did you do any trimming or did you leave it with the holes at the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I significantly trimmed mine, the front of the console (the interior main compartment) sits directly on the floor, then I built a bracket/spacer for the rear that raised it to be level (was about 11" IIRC) and trimmed the sides to contour the floor.

Shorty01GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After installing rear door speakers you say the wiring runs to the center plug... where did you connect to the rear speaker wiring at? Where does that wiring run inside truck? I want to remove my rear 4x6 and ad rear door speakers

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, I love this truck, could you post pics from the ads so we can all admire this trucks beauty, and make a few side notes explaining the pics like (ex, In this interior shot you can see how nicely the trimmed gmt800 center console fits in with the older gmt400 interior.) something like that, thx.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, I love this truck, could you post pics from the ads so we can all admire this trucks beauty, and make a few side notes explaining the pics like (ex, In this interior shot you can see how nicely the trimmed gmt800 center console fits in with the older gmt400 interior.) something like that, thx.
This has got to be the weirdest request I've ever seen made on any forum I've ever been on....

BlastingBat998

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
i like the sarcasm, but it would be easier for everyone later to have a single page in the forum that has just pics and not have to go through 152 long pages across 6 long years.
As much as that thought is easy... The mods and things done to the truck were a progression and everything I explained over it's lifetime in my ownership. Maybe not fully step by step "how to" style but it's pretty much all there.

I took 341 pictures of it when I sold it. Uploading and posting that many photos to this forum is quite the chore, and trying to add descriptions to them is a chore. I honestly don't have time for that, seeing as I haven't even had time to make a new thread for the replacement truck...

I hate to be a dick about it but I took the time to post the build of the truck, if you are that interested go through the thread. If you still have questions after that post them up. But I am a busy person and I can't re-gurgitate this when honestly it's 99% there.